Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.28
slogy

tips on how to buy bitcoins anonimously and safely

Hi All,

I would like to buy anonimously some bitcoins but could not find any trustworthy information on which is the safest way to do it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Cheers,

Slogy

And store them somewhere appropriate etc to prevent them being associated you you once you have them.

When I buy bitcoins, I use an exchange that knows who I am. They are registered as a "money services company" in my country. So they are legal. They have to respect "know your client" rules. But this way, I know who they are too.

To gain anonymity, I use Electrum running over Tor to immediately pull the bitcoins into my own hands. I suppose the exchange could make a note of the bitcoin address I send them to. And share that information with the NSA/GCHQ/CSIS and so on. But I am not that paranoid. It is not illegal for me to spend bitcoins the way that I do. But the places I use the bitcoins have generally had their Paypal accounts seized and have had difficulty getting payment providers to work with them. And I could do more "washing" of the coins over Tor if I wanted.

For Electrum see here:

https://electrum.org/

Get the Tor browser here:

https://www.torproject.org/

To have Electrum use Tor, start the Tor browser first, then in Electrum select menus "Tools"/"Network". Then specify "SOCKS5" for "Proxy:" with host name localhost (or 127.0.0.1) and port 9150 (the same way the Tor browser is accessing Tor - use "Tools"/"Options"/"Advanced"/"Network"/"Settings" to see that).

@flat4: No. With the current implementation, the 21 million cap won't be reached before the year 2140 : Projected Bitcoins Long Term

Provided Bitcoin even survives that long, there would even be a way to keep mining going after that date:

"The year 2140 is only based on the software's current precision, which divides bitcoins up to 1/100,000,000th. This would imply that around year 2140, the block reward would become zero. However, long before 2140, the precision will be increased (to support smaller fractions of bitcoins, or floating point or whatever) so mining can continue forever.
Mining is never "done" and the actual 21 million will never be reached (although it comes arbitrarily close)."

(Quote taken from this post on bitcointalk.org)

Don't bother mining bitcoins yourself unless you have specialized ASIC hardware. We're long past the point of lucrative/economical CPU/GPU mining.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

@flat4: No. With the current implementation, the 21 million cap won't be reached before the year 2140 : Projected Bitcoins Long Term

Provided Bitcoin even survives that long, there would even be a way to keep mining going after that date:

"The year 2140 is only based on the software's current precision, which divides bitcoins up to 1/100,000,000th. This would imply that around year 2140, the block reward would become zero. However, long before 2140, the precision will be increased (to support smaller fractions of bitcoins, or floating point or whatever) so mining can continue forever.

Mining is never "done" and the actual 21 million will never be reached (although it comes arbitrarily close)."

(Quote taken from this post on bitcointalk.org)

Don't bother mining bitcoins yourself unless you have specialized ASIC hardware. We're long past the point of lucrative/economical CPU/GPU mining.

Thank you for that explanation, so if i wanted bitcoins the best alternative would be to buy  them off someone else.

Well I guess ill have to stick to paper since im not going to spend money on specialized hardware.ans at the current rate its very hard to jump in for just one coin.

Carry on