Not connected, Your IP: 34.228.168.200
Kim1337

Cannot retrieve systems & server data

I keep getting this message. The VPN is working fine, but the message popping up all the time is really annoying! I can't seem to disable the message, it always comes back.

Hello!

Do you mean that you get a 503 error more often than every 60 minutes? By the way, if you find it annoying, go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and in the "Servers list update every" combo box select "Never". Remember to set it back to "Automatic" or "Every one hour" when you wish to update servers list (or remember to update it manually with the little button in the "Servers" tab).

Kind regards

I keep getting this message. The VPN is working fine, but the message popping up all the time is really annoying! I can't seem to disable the message, it always comes back.

Hello!

Do you mean that you get a 503 error more often than every 60 minutes? By the way, if you find it annoying, go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and in the "Servers list update every" combo box select "Never". Remember to set it back to "Automatic" or "Every one hour" when you wish to update servers list (or remember to update it manually with the little button in the "Servers" tab).

Kind regards

I was getting it every couple of minutes like the person who started this thread. It seems to have stopped now. Thanks for the tip and good luck stopping the attack (b*****ds!).

Hello!

Kind regards

I was getting it every couple of minutes like the person who started this thread. It seems to have stopped now. Thanks for the tip and good luck stopping the attack (b*****ds!).

Hello and thank you!

The attack seems completely under control since hours (fingers crossed).

Kind regards

Still seeing server unavailable.Is the vpn connection safe while this is happening. I cant connect on linux just get restart every few seconds.I can connect  using windows. I suppose my question is- Is the vpn connection still secure even though it can't retrieve the server data. I assume yes but i honestly have no idea

I'm wondering the same thing.  I was connected before the attack started and have remained connected the entire time.  Just wondering if its safe to use if I want to download something.

I am also still getting this, with a bouncing AirVPN blue cloud every 30 seconds or so in my dock on a Mac:

. 2015.03.20 14:47:50 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)

. 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused))
W 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)

It seems I am and have always been connected to AirVPN though. So, I am guessing I am still behind the AirVPN cloud-wall?

It's back again for me. Hopefully this can be finally solved.

Issue still occurring to me ... the 503 error appears about every 5 minutes

Hello!

We have continued to work and you should now not get anymore the 503 error. Feel free of course to report any anomaly. We are still monitoring and we confirm that the situation was and is under control, although an apparently different problem arose, which has been anyway fixed in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: error 503 may still occasionally occur. You can safely ignore it.

Kind regards

I'm still getting the 503 error every few minutes and I have done for most of the day. I use the UK servers, same issue on all of them.

Also have been getting this so far so good it has stopped is this the same attack that has caused the servers to be showing 9Gbps in use on a 1000Mbps server?

812 EDT still getting the popup message every 60 seconds. Conneted to Canadian servers.  Just letting you know.

Also have been getting this so far so good it has stopped is this the same attack that has caused the servers to be showing 9Gbps in use on a 1000Mbps server?

Hello!

It's unrelared, that's just some mess in the stats system. :)

Kind regards

I'm sure many users have been experiencing this error for the past couple of days

my question is, IF the servers are being attacked... should I still be connected to these VPN servers?  or should I just turn off the VPN client?

Just wondering if its safe to use if I want to download something.

Yes, if you're connected to a vpn server successfully already it's fine.

Still getting 503 on Canadian servers sorry did not refresh before posting

Yup me too.

Just wondering if its safe to use if I want to download something.

Yes, if you're connected to a vpn server successfully already it's fine.

>Still getting 503 on Canadian servers sorry did not refresh before posting

Yup me too.

Same here.

I'm sure many users have been experiencing this error for the past couple of days

Hello!

This sounds strange: can you re-check since when you started to get the warning?

my question is, IF the servers are being attacked... should I still be connected to these VPN servers?  or should I just turn off the VPN client?

There was and there is no attack against the VPN servers. The attack is against other parts of the infrastructure. See also other messages by us in the thread.

Kind regards

I've been getting the 503 for the last couple of days. Always connected to a UK server. Have rebooted, same thing but had no trouble logging on.

Hi

I have the same issue since 2 days ( that I actually noticed). It stopped and it is back again

2015.03.21 13:01:06 - Updating systems & servers data ...
. 2015.03.21 13:01:06 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.21 13:01:16 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (The request timed out)
. 2015.03.21 13:01:16 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused))
W 2015.03.21 13:01:16 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)

I am using eddy 2.8 on Yosemite up-to-date

plus this issue keeps logging me out of this forum.

GCHQ is that you ?! 

UPDATE: I was connected to the server Julliet-NL and changing server solved the problem.