Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.112.111
tigger

Amule/Emule Low ID

Hi Guys,

Ive opened ports on local router 4662 TCP and 4672 on UDP. Same Port settings on Amule under connections.

Ive opened ports on client area>ports and set the local ports as above and Im given a randomised port for both UDP and TCP.

Switch amule on and i get a low ID. I am also using the app for MAC to access air VPN.

I have now tried windows and emule using the same style set up with no joy.

In the port forwarding panel on AIR VPN site I have a green for TCP. Can't see a way to test UDP though.

I have tried 2 different airVPN servers also.

Thanks Guys

1. There is no need to open any ports on your router, in fact, exposing the same ports you forward through AirVPN might open you up to correlation attacks (read Air's P2P FAQ)

2. aMule lets you choose the "Standard TCP Port" but the UDP port is always set to TCP port + 3 (if your TCP port is set to 30500, UDP port will be 30503). Use the "Suggest a range of sequential free ports" tool on airvpn.org/ports to find 4 free, sequential ports.

3. According to the P2P FAQ you should also avoid remapping Air ports to different local ports (example: don't forward Air port 30500 to local port 34012, just go with the default, straight forwarding).

4. After configuring both ports I instantly received a "High ID" on every eMule server I tried. I also tried both US and Swedish AirVPN servers, no issues.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Perfect, your a genius Sheivoko!

I was confused at the p2p info page about ports becasue it only seemed to indicate not to choose same port number in router & Air VPN port settings (security risk). Instead to avoid router altogether!

But you broke it down for me nicely thanks for that. 'amule' is flying already.