Not connected, Your IP: 44.202.128.177

Hi everyone,
ich have e problem with download speed usin vpn. Usually it's not possible to get more than 1Mb.
To make connection to the airvpn I'm using ASUS RT-N66U with tomato shibby. Changing servers or ports doesn't help. I was trying with udp 443 and 53 but there is no effect.
Telekom is my IPS and I have 50Mb internet connection. Could ynaone help me solving my problem?

Thanks

Routers suck at OpenVPN because they have tiny processors and miniscule amounts of RAM (about 150MB). Download the client and try from your computer(s), I'll bet your speed is just fine. I get 160Mbps using AirVPN so I doubt you'll have any trouble.

I have Linksys E4200 (480 Mhz overclocked to 533 Mhz) also with Shibby's Tomato, release v124 AIO, getting 8 Mbps on 20 Mbps ADSL line, using port 53 UDP, all compression disabled

that router can't run openvpn fast.  other routers can.  look for an Asus AC56 or AC68 or AC87 and use merlin-asuswrt firmware.

Define 'fast'? I'd expect 150 Mbps plus, which I doubt anything other than a custom built pfSense box could achieve. 

I'm also having some speed issues. I'm on 15MB internet connection, and using the AirVPN client on my computer, but my speeds are much lower, around 500KB to 1MB. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

that router can't run openvpn fast.  other routers can.  look for an Asus AC56 or AC68 or AC87 and use merlin-asuswrt firmware.

Define 'fast'? I'd expect 150 Mbps plus, which I doubt anything other than a custom built pfSense box could achieve. 

sorry, the routers I mentioned can't run it that fast.   50mb/s maybe a little higher is possible.

I'm also having some speed issues. I'm on 15MB internet connection, and using the AirVPN client on my computer, but my speeds are much lower, around 500KB to 1MB. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. With the greatest respect you'd probably be better off contacting staff direct (open a ticket via the Client Area), or at least starting your own thread. However, there's a few things worth checking. Try connecting to different servers, even in the same area. Is it ISP congestion or throttling? Try downloading an Ubuntu torrent on your ISP connection then over an Air server (not that's not a euphemism, Ubuntu torrents are well seeded, fast and legal). 

How are you connecting (TCP or UDP, which port etc)? You can also change to a different port, for example UDP 443, and see if that helps. If you still see slow downs (full ISP speed but low Air speed) try connecting over SSH or SSL, all of which are available in the Eddie app. If you get a better speed it indicates ISP throttling. Some routers are also terrible with VPN connections but that's something for later. 

Sorry for the rushed reply but it's Mother's Day here and we're about to head out and visit the folks. 

Thanks for our tips .

I decided to install asus merlin distribution on my router.

Yestarday I was trying to use following firewall rules (it works with tomato shibby):

#!/bin/sh

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun11 -j ACCEPT
iptables
-I FORWARD -i tun11 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables
-I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan1 -j DROP
iptables
-I INPUT -i tun11 -j REJECT
iptables
-t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun11 -j MASQUERADE

but it doesn't work. I manage to block traffic when an ip was manually assigned to each device and then block
connection if vpn is down.

My network is a two router network. First router offers non encryptet access to the internet, second one is connected with airvpn.

During the test I pulled out the network cable from second router and after connecting it back for few second my real ip was visible. After few second the connection to vpn was established and everything works fine.

In my script I don't want to specify any port. Is it possible to disable all trafic when vpn is down. It is very important that no internet access is granted when vpn client is reconnecting.

I would be gratfull for any help .

I used following two scipts:

1.openvpn-event

#!/bin/sh

Sleep 2

for i in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter ; do
  echo 0 > $i
done

ip route flush table 100
ip route del default table 100
ip rule del fwmark 1 table 100
ip route flush cache
iptables -t mangle -F PREROUTING

ip route show table main | grep -Ev ^default | grep -Ev tun11\
  | while read ROUTE ; do
      ip route add table 100 $ROUTE
done

ip route add default table 100 via $(nvram get wan_gateway)
ip rule add fwmark 1 table 100
ip route flush cache

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -j MARK --set-mark 1

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.190 -j MARK --set-mark 0
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.191 -j MARK --set-mark 0
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.192 -j MARK --set-mark 0
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.193 -j MARK --set-mark 0

exit 1

2. firewall-start

#!/bin/sh

sleep 4

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun11 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD ! -o tun11 -s 192.168.1.190 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD ! -o tun11 -s 192.168.1.191 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD ! -o tun11 -s 192.168.1.192 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD ! -o tun11 -s 192.168.1.193 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -i tun11 -j REJECT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun11 -j MASQUERADE

It is necessary to turn on openvpn server without setting anything up (Just click the enable button, do nothing else)It only serves the purpose of detecting OPENVPN STATUS.
With above changes it seems to work.