Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.186.170
SaveSnowden

Running a Tor exit relay over VPN

I am thinking about running a Tor exit relay over my VPN connection because I don't use much traffic during the day, and Tor needs more exit relays. Any thoughts or comments?

I have a comment: please don't. 

Or use one that is already blacklisted everywhere

Any thoughts or comments?

Yes.

I have a comment: please don't.

I agree.

Or use one that is already blacklisted everywhere

Nooonononono! If a node is offline the IP will be unlisted, and we strive to not let any list contain an AirVPN exit IP. What will happen if another node is still running? The IP will still be blacklisted. Nonono.

I am thinking about running a Tor exit relay over my VPN connection and Tor needs more exit relays

Suggestion: Let it run over your real IP, then. Or are you afraid of something? Real warriors don't hide themselves, you know...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Those are good points but most VPN server IP addresses get blacklisted anyway for the same reason Tor gets blacklisted. Maybe AirVPN could run a Tor exit that doubles as an extra VPN server like IPredator.se does, and take donations to cover the bandwidth.

Sure, VPNs get blacklisted too but it's not quite the same. In my browsing experience, I see way more captchas (or get denied access altogether) when using Tor.

I don't see any merits of hybrid VPN/Tor servers outweighing the drawbacks. Also, AirVPN already runs two middle relays and funds a TorServers.net exit:

https://airvpn.org/mission/

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Maybe AirVPN could run a Tor exit that doubles as an extra VPN server

As I understand it while not shared with vpn customer traffic (and it's good they are not), they already have a box or two dedicated as exit relays.

To the OP:  Please don't for the reasons already stated in the primary thread about this.