Not connected, Your IP: 54.152.77.92

Can anyone explain me if its possible to remain on 1 dedicated ip adress, instead its all the time changing when i logon and logoff.

Does this excist in the VPN?

Any help would be appreciated.

R

Yes, in the client just whitelist the server you want, then tick the lock current at the bottom.

That won't necessarily give you a static IP. It will give you one in the same range though. Each server serves up more than one actual IP, I'm pretty sure.

why do you need a dedicated IP?

why do you need to know?

Because most people are wrong when they say this.

why do you need to know?

now that is funny

I just asked because the whole point of using a vpn service is to be anonymous but when you get a static ip you pretty much announce to the world where and who you are. 

flat4, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:54, said:

flat4, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:54, said:

Khariz, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:31, said:

Khariz, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:31, said:

Kim1337, on 11 Mar 2015 - 19:50, said:

Kim1337, on 11 Mar 2015 - 19:50, said:

flat4, on 05 Mar 2015 - 14:47, said:

flat4, on 05 Mar 2015 - 14:47, said:

why do you need to know?

now that is funny

I just asked because the whole point of using a vpn service is to be anonymous but when you get a static ip you pretty much announce to the world where and who you are.

I'm going to refrain from replying to this because I have a feeling there's some miscommunication in these statements lol.

Air servers have 2 ip's. The Entry ip and the Exit ip. The Exit ip is what the world sees when you're connected to an air server. And I've never seen that ip change.

If you connect to a different server its going to have a different Entry and Exit ip. So if you wanted your ip to seem more static/dedicated just use the same server.

FWIW I often use the same server for weeks. For the most part they're ridiculously stable.

I agree. AirVPN makes is much easier to approximate a static ip than another other VPN provider I have ever used. I can see why people would find that useful. Most VPN companies don't let you connect to a specific server. A cluster is about as close as you can get at most.

its all the time changing when i logon and logoff

Your internal IP on the same server never changes. Your external IP on the same server never changes. The latter is shared with other users of that server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I suspect it is because some bittorrent sites have this in their rules section.

You may browse the site through a private server/proxy only if it has a static IP address unique to you, or through your private or shared seedbox. 

Im curious about the same thing.  A lot of sites, a lot of ones that honor copyright have this rule.  Is there way with airvpn to setup a non-shared static ip?  Or is their a service that would compliment airvpn?  Is it possible to connect to a seedbox anon with air and then use the seedbox to browse?

I suspect it is because some bittorrent sites have this in their rules section.

You may browse the site through a private server/proxy only if it has a static IP address unique to you, or through your private or shared seedbox. 

How exactly do they want to proof you used a static IP (if you're not supposed to log in)? It's one thing to write rules, it's another to enforce them.

Many of the trackers I use allow me to log in with VPN if I have a static IP. I really like AirVPN, but I really need static. Consider to cancel my subscription only because of this.

If you always connect to the same server, you'll always get the same IP address.

set up a dedicated seedbox with your own VPN server and route traffic over that. Some hosts will terminate your server if they start to receive notices but some just ignore them. 

Many of the trackers I use allow me to log in with VPN if I have a static IP. I really like AirVPN, but I really need static. Consider to cancel my subscription only because of this.

If you always connect to the same server, you'll always get the same IP address.

I need a dedicated IP, that only I can use.

And why is that? Having a dedicated IP kind of defeats the purpose of AirVPN.

Airvpn has a pretty good setup and I doubt they are going to start assigning static IP, even of you're willing to pay more.

Seedbox is a good alternative, or you can also buy you a VPS and setup your own vpn server with a dedicated IP.

Why don't you pay extra to watch movies instead? A much more legal alternative, I'm sure you'd agree on that one.

I use a private german tracker which has the rule to not use a VPN. Do I disconnect from AirVPN to use it? Just answer yourself the question how they want to identify you as a VPN user if all they know is the IP address you connected with. Sure, they might find out it's a datacenter IP...

But it does not prove anything.

So please stop panicking.

You'll be fine.

And yes, seedboxes are alternatives as long as your only goal is to torrent. But for this you don't need AirVPN.

Many popular trackers like Apollo, GazelleGames, BTN, PassThePopcorn etc only allows me to browse the site when using a dedicated IP. I have no idea why they have these rules, but if I want to use them I need dedicated ip. I would be willing to pay extra to get dedicated ip.

Are you using a VPN only because you want to be able to torrent over a VPN? Are you doing the rest over the VPN simply because you believe you have to do all or nothing over the VPN? If so, then you should know that it is possible to split traffic, and use the VPN only for your torrent client, or only for some browsing. Lots of people here do this. Ask if that is really what you want. It does require a willingness to learn a bit though.

EDIT: They want to be able to block/ban problematic users. People do use VPN-s to attack sites. And torrent sites are certainly not immune to this. No paranoia is needed here. One of the attacks that has been done on a few trackers is to retrieve peer IP addresses from swarms, and post those torrents along with the peer lists to public trackers. As a result a lot of members received DMCA notices.

I already pay for Netflix, Spotify and HBO. But I can't find everything I want to see there.

Gabe Newell was right when he said piracy was a problem of service...

"In general, we think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the U.S. release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable. Most DRM solutions diminish the value of the product by either directly restricting a customers use or by creating uncertainty."

You just proved him.. It's really the "legal side of the moon" which needs to start adapting instead of restricting.

Anyway, I just realized:

They want the right to be able to track you if shit hits the fan. At least that's what it sounds like.

So.. no can do here with dedicated IPs. Static yes, but not unique to you. I hope you reconsider your needs, because AirVPN will make you anonymous mid-term.