Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.108.9
Festus Heinhold

Paying by Bitcoin is Difficult

I was able to successfully purchase a month of service using BTC but it's worth pointing out that the point-of-sale interface makes things needlessly difficult; It prevents the user from selecting/copying the destination address to the clipboard -- or at least that's the case with the latest version of Chrome running on Mac.

As a general rule, I'm thinking it's not a great idea to throw up hurdles for users who want to send you money.

I had take some pretty convoluted steps to gain access to a selectable / copyable version of that address.

I attached a copy of the specific screen I'm referring to. Note that the unselectable address field will typically need to be pasted into a Wallet app (e.g. Electrum) in order to make payment. Maybe this is just a problem with Chrome?

It's not just Chrome. It's an annoyance of CoinBase and other Bitcoin payment gateways: they want you to click the address, which takes you right into your Bitcoin application, I don't like it either.

The easiest way to copy-paste:

Don't try and select within the textbox! Start dragging the cursor juuuust outside the textbox:

pAOvMNV.jpg

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0