Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.0.192

If you're planning on running openvpn on your router you only need 1 router. Just gotta have a router / router-software that supports it.

one AT&T modem____ one firewall (PFSense)______one Router/Switch... 

this is the way i do it. 3 box set up. Airvpn pfsense guide is detailed enough for anyone. it's amailzing!

I did it a while ago -- works fine. The problem is that you're always connected, do you can't use airVPN at work or on your cell phone while outside your home (one logon only, right?)

I did it a while ago -- works fine. The problem is that you're always connected, do you can't use airVPN at work or on your cell phone while outside your home (one logon only, right?)

Hello,

you'll like to know that since April 2014 three simultaneous connections per account to different VPN servers are allowed.

Kind regards

What he/she said

I was just about to reply but these staff are on the ball they don't let anyone else reply ha ha

Seriously this is one of the reasons I chose them good knowledgeable people and 3 connections and I believe that there they only ones that allow my multiple connections

What he/she said

I was just about to reply but these staff are on the ball they don't let anyone else reply ha ha

Seriously this is one of the reasons I chose them good knowledgeable people and 3 connections and I believe that there they only ones that allow my multiple connections

AirVPN are fantastic for sure! They are definitely not the only company to allow multiple connections, however, as I'm sure they'd readily admit. Some others allow 5 connections, others less. In fact it's more unusual to find a company which doesn't allow multiple logins. Some of them even count all devices behind a home router as a single connection, so at night you could have your PCs, laptop(s), tablet(s) and phones all connected to the VPN and only be classed as using one of your 3/5/whatever connections allowed.

The real reason for my post however is regarding running OpenVPN on the router itself. OpenVPN is very resource intensive due to the encryption, and you will find even a so-called high end consumer router (little plastic box) will bog down and only give slow speeds WAN > LAN using OpenVPN. Better to build a custom router box and run pfSense if this is the route you wish to take.

What he/she said

AirVPN are fantastic for sure! They are definitely not the only company to allow multiple connections, however, as I'm sure they'd readily admit. Some others allow 5 connections, others less. In fact it's more unusual to find a company which doesn't allow multiple logins. Some of them even count all devices behind a home router as a single connection, so at night you could have your PCs, laptop(s), tablet(s) and phones all connected to the VPN and only be classed as using one of your 3/5/whatever connections allowed.

The real reason for my post however is regarding running OpenVPN on the router itself. OpenVPN is very resource intensive due to the encryption, and you will find even a so-called high end consumer router (little plastic box) will bog down and only give slow speeds WAN > LAN using OpenVPN. Better to build a custom router box and run pfSense if this is the route you wish to take.

I plan to do that

I already have pfsense running its just not configured with airvpn.