Not connected, Your IP: 3.83.87.94

Well looks like I am the one that is tired here o:) I clearly cofused something. Let me get back to you tomorrow, I really need to get some sleep now.

We're very glad to say that the "problem has been solved", or maybe, even better, that the problem never existed :)

Enjoy AirVPN!

Kind regards

I have my AirVPN running on my router and the firewall is properly configured to drop any and all non-AirVPN traffic/packets. Does this mean I do not need to worry about the WebRTC vuln exposing my real IP address while my computer is connected to this router? Since I am not running OpenVPN directly on my computer but rather on my router instead. Therefore if a website uses the WebRTC Vuln to discover my 'real' IP address, my 'real' IP address will show up as the AirVPN IP my router is connected to? From my understanding, this WebRTC vuln only exposes the users real IP address when OpenVPN is run directly on the computer and not the router.

I have my AirVPN running on my router and the firewall is properly configured to drop any and all non-AirVPN traffic/packets. Does this mean I do not need to worry about the WebRTC vuln exposing my real IP address while my computer is connected to this router? Since I am not running OpenVPN directly on my computer but rather on my router instead. Therefore if a website uses the WebRTC Vuln to discover my 'real' IP address, my 'real' IP address will show up as the AirVPN IP my router is connected to? From my understanding, this WebRTC vuln only exposes the users real IP address when OpenVPN is run directly on the computer and not the router.

Hello!

Correct, you don't need to worry. Check yourself with ipleak.net for ultimate test.

Kind regards

Ok, here I am again. It's indeed the case, the problem is solved. WebRTC leak is fixed by activating netlock. It was me who confused my own tests. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Ok, here I am again. It's indeed the case, the problem is solved. WebRTC leak is fixed by activating netlock. It was me who confused my own tests. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Hi there, I don't think anyones time was wasted as you asked the questions so others don't have to. I for one have a clearer understanding now thanks to this thread and your input.

Ehm sorry but are you tired (given the fact that it's already past midnight)? You are clearly talking about the IP in big digits. May I ask you to take a look at the IP in small digits just underneath? It shows my internal network IP as well as my external IP which I blackend for privacy reasons. But it's definitely my external IP, I checked it using ifconfig.

Hello,

the private IP address is not a leak. The second IP address (the one you blacked out) should not be your public IP address, that field is not used by ipleak.net for that. It must be your VPN IP address. Can you tell us the left-most octet of this IP address?

Kind regards

Hello,

I don't understand this. I am having the same problem as "alfae". See my attachment:

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and Network-Lock is ON. Are you saying that's not a problem? If so, why? I didn't quite understand your previous explanation.

Hello,

the 10.x.y.z address is the tun interface address, i.e. the VPN IP address of your node (the tun interface is the virtual network adapter used by OpenVPN). It's not the public IP address assigned to you by your ISP.

Kind regards

Hello,

the 10.x.y.z address is the tun interface address, i.e. the VPN IP address of your node (the tun interface is the virtual network adapter used by OpenVPN). It's not the public IP address assigned to you by your ISP.

Kind regards

Perhaps explaining about "private" IP addresses would help people to understand? See:

https://www.arin.net/knowledge/address_filters.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Hello,

it seems closed source so a definite answer can't be given. Probably they use one of the methods we have explained. Note that WebRTC is prevented by our free and open source client through firewall rules, but that you can easily apply a different method to prevent them with custom directives. See also

http://www.clodo.it/blog/an-alternative-approach-to-so-called-webrtc-leaks

They offer a tunneling service with light traffic encryption (RC4 with 1024 bit size RSA keys) which must NOT be used if security is require. They do not provide other relevant technical information. We can't find their software source code. We can't find the name of the operating company (if any), we can't find the name of the legally responsible person for the treatment of personal data, and we see that they collect users data allegedly for marketing purposes.

Kind regards

Just to clarify: If I i have netlock turned on - WebRTC will not leak. Except if I use Chrome?

Is ScriptSafe still a solution? or how can we prevent leakage in Chrome?

Just to clarify: If I i have netlock turned on - WebRTC will not leak. Except if I use Chrome?

Hello,

you misunderstood. Network Lock acts at firewall level so it will prevent "WebRTC leaks" regardless any application you run.

Kind regards

Look here 

You can block WebRTC from leaking your IP now in uBlock Origin

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/02/you-can-block-webrtc-from-leaking-your-ip-now-in-ublock-origin/

And this site 

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

Hello, somehow this software block all WebRTC leaks !

The question is how this software can block WebRTC ?

This software: http://www.hideallip.com/

Well their non existant English skills should also make you suspicious A serious company would have mandated a professional translator if they hadn't got anybody with at least decent English skills.

Look here 

You can block WebRTC from leaking your IP now in uBlock Origin

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/02/you-can-block-webrtc-from-leaking-your-ip-now-in-ublock-origin/

And this site 

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

I'm a little late to the party, but I can confirm this works as advertised in Chrome and Opera on Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 10 Pro, Mac OS X 10.10.4 (Yosemite) and Linux. I prefer Opera lately for Blink's fast rendering but none of the spyware, Nice to see I can use it again without worrying. 

I'm just using "WebRTC Block" extension on chrome to stop the leak.. seems to not be leaking from ipleak.net

or am i misunderstanding?

I'm just using "WebRTC Block" extension on chrome to stop the leak.. seems to not be leaking from ipleak.net

or am i misunderstanding?

This extension seems to be working now

Google has published an official extension (it's less than 8KB) which limits WebRTC to only the current network route. Basically if you're on a VPN it will only allow WebRTC to use the VPN IP and no others will be discoverable from the outside. Personally I don't need WebRTC so I'll be keeping it disabled via uBlock Origin, but I thought some of you guys might find it useful.

ETA: haha @produs we posted at the same time. 

Hello,

it's important to understand that with a browser extension you will prevent such leaks from that browser ONLY. With Network Lock you will prevent such leaks from any application and (more importantly) from any application that tries to bind to your physical interface(s). Please see also here to understand what the matter is, there's much more into play.

http://www.clodo.it/blog/an-alternative-approach-to-so-called-webrtc-leaks

Kind regards