Not connected, Your IP: 3.128.198.21

Hello,

I use AirVPN for leisure and then I just switch it off and connect separately to my company's server through another VPN tunnel for work. This has worked like a charm for months.

The Network Lock function in the AirVPN client has been extremely useful so far...until this morning when I tried to connect to the work VPN and couldn't, then I realized I was totally offline. I can't get online outside of AirVPN (browser can't connect, no Skype, etc.), even when Network Lock is disabled, despite being in full range of my router and it being recognized correctly. I'm not sure that Network Lock is the culprit here but it seems to be the likely suspect since it changes firewalls rules?

At this very moment I am online through AirVPN. If I switch it off, then I'm offline again and it seems that no amount of tweaking in my Network and Sharing Center can fix that (although I am not an expert admittedly).

My phone is also online through the wireless connection from my router. No issues there.

Any clue as to what might have happened here? From Wireless Network Connection it shows "connected" and the router's signal is on full blast, but still I'm totally offline when AirVPN is off. I went through the FAQ and previous issues but can't seem to find any relevant topics. Something to do with the Firewall settings perhaps?

I've used the client to make all traffic go through AirVPN, now I'm facing a situation where I can get online only through the VPN even when Network Lock is disabled. I was forced to work with a USB stick all day today. The network admin at my workplace remotely connected to my pc and couldn't figure it out.

I apologize if this might have been answered before, and I look forward to a reply.

Thanks

I've been experiencing the exact same issues on my Windows 7 laptop for awhile, but it didn't bother me because generally I want all my traffic to go through the VPN so I don't care if I don't have internet access without it.

This solution didn't work for me, but I realized what my issue was. I had set my preferred DNS server for IPv4 in my wireless connection properties to 10.4.0.1, which I presume isn't accessible outside of AirVPN. It appears this inhibited my internet access when not connected to VPN. Switched the setting to "Obtain DNS server automatically" and I'm back in business.

For flexibility, I'd like to leave my DNS server as automatic. Just to clarify, there's no need to set a preferred DNS server in Windows manually when using the Eddie client, correct? After I made the switch to automatic DNS, I reconnected to an AirVPN server and ipleak.net is showing only AirVPN IP addresses. Also the Wifi "Network Connection Details" says it's using 10.4.0.1 as DNS server. It looks like the "Force DNS" option in Eddie is working well, which is great because I was having IP leak issues in the past.

hello, i just installed air VPN and try the air lock. I can't connect to any server when i lock ( without it's working ). i try to reset but it dosen't work ! can you help me ? thank you. 

i have windows 8