Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.181.52
Sign in to follow this  
Moony

Airvpn over Tor with udp?

So I was thinking about this setup. Tor > Vpn > VM(tor) it seems easy with the air client for basic users..But since the tor doesnt support udp wouldnt this mean if you use this setup then udp traffic would leak and the vpn provider can obtain your IP? If not wouldnt this mean p2p is secure with this setup unlike what was stated? Would like to know more about this please and if so how does the vpn forward udp traffic into the tor network

I have never seen anyone try something like that.  In your model you would use 6 TOR relays (3 relays for a TOR circuit minimum) plus a vpn node?  Even if it  worked it would be slow beyond belief.

My model is vpn(s)--- > tor ------ > internet.  This allows full udp or tcp and works very well.  No concern for any leaks to my ISP.

You can easily go Tor --- > vpn ---- > internet as well.  One BIG disadvantge from my perspective is that this model blocks TOR from auto rotating the IP circuit every 10 minutes.

There are some great threads in this forum so read a little and come back and ask from there.  Welcome to the forums!!

Already from what I read air vpn provide this. airvpn.org/tor . or maybe im missing something. all im adding is another tor at the end. I think you miss understand me. For p2p id use Tor > VPN as stated on above link which is possible. My issue is that tor will forward tcp traffic to the vpn

Now what im trying to say is that if you use a udp connection after the vpn. Since tor doesnt work with udp then wouldnt it be possible for the vpn to deanonymize a user if really. needed for legal reasons? or does the vpn some how turn the udp traffic into tcp traffic so it doeant leak? in the tor mode

If you want to use Tor over VPN, then you can use either UDP or TCP. UDP is preferred unless you're having problems because TCP is slower.

If you want to use VPN over Tor, then you have to use TCP because tunneling a VPN through Tor only supports that transport protocol.

This has all been covered before. Please search for it.

If you want to use Tor over VPN, then you can use either UDP or TCP. UDP is preferred unless you're having problems because TCP is slower.

If you want to use VPN over Tor, then you have to use TCP because tunneling a VPN through Tor only supports that transport protocol.

This has all been covered before. Please search for it.

Correct. Just to add a side note that might be liked by Moony, after one connects OpenVPN over Tor, then he/she can also tunnel UDP from other applications. UDP packets are tunneled over TCP by OpenVPN, and everything is tunneled over Tor.

Kind regards