Not connected, Your IP: 54.158.251.104
mcampbell

Windows - timeout during "checking route" EVERY TIME

Using the latest windows client, I'm now getting a timeout during the "checking route" phase, 4 times each, for every server I try.  Needless to say, I can't continue.

Thoughts welcome.

In Settings > Advanced, uncheck Check if the tunnel effectively works. If you perform a simple IP lookup after connection and you see AirVPN's IP there, it means the tunnel works effectively, too. (Traffic test is included, otherwise you couldn't connect.. )

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not official. Refer to Staff postings for the official word.

» These are the community forums, not the support portal. You're writing with other users here.

» New here? LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. Use the search function, Luke!

» Tor exits behind a VPN connection are discouraged. Using Tor on the other hand is not.

» Privacy is like alcohol: Drink a little and it can help you stay unnoticed. Drink a lot and everyone will notice you.

» I cannot give you the solution to all your issues. But I can guide you to it. The rest is up to you.

This happens to me on my laptop all the time if I had it in hibernation-mode first.

I simply restart the computer and its all good again

This happens to me on my laptop all the time if I had it in hibernation-mode first.

I simply restart the computer and its all good again

Just an addition: Same happens with me using Securepoint. I noticed, if you put Windows in hibernation mode, the routes table will be restored to original, thus preventing OpenVPN from working correctly if it was connected. It will stay connected, though. A simple reconnect should solve your problem, too, Mr. ZPKZ.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not official. Refer to Staff postings for the official word.

» These are the community forums, not the support portal. You're writing with other users here.

» New here? LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. Use the search function, Luke!

» Tor exits behind a VPN connection are discouraged. Using Tor on the other hand is not.

» Privacy is like alcohol: Drink a little and it can help you stay unnoticed. Drink a lot and everyone will notice you.

» I cannot give you the solution to all your issues. But I can guide you to it. The rest is up to you.

Thanks all, I'll try this again.

I think I did tick the "test if tunnel actually works", and it did get through, but I never got any traffic through after that.  D/L stats were showing 0 bytes, upload was showing some (presumably because of requests), but no data coming back.

This was a couple days ago so I'll try again and see what's what.