Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.79.169
Sign in to follow this  
MrGone

Speeds

Hey guys, do you have any tips for picking servers? I've noticed that on a lot of server/port configurations my download speeds with usenet cant seem to get above 5mbps, but if i disconnect or sometimes switch servers, my speeds will go up to 30mbps. I also notice that i am sometimes disconnected from the server. Is this maybe due to network or sleep/hibernation settings? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, do you have any tips for picking servers? I've noticed that on a lot of server/port configurations my download speeds with usenet cant seem to get above 5mbps, but if i disconnect or sometimes switch servers, my speeds will go up to 30mbps. I also notice that i am sometimes disconnected from the server. Is this maybe due to network or sleep/hibernation settings? Thanks in advance!

Hello!

From the FAQ:

Which speed can I expect when I am connected to the VPN?

Speed may vary according to several conditions which are intrinsic to how the Internet works. We guarantee on our servers, switches and lines an allocated minimum bandwidth of 4 Mbit/s per account (worst case scenario), while the upper limit is 50 Mbit/s. Please note that this is the bandwidth which is "allocated" for each account: the bandwidth you can obtain depends also on your provider conditions, peering and several further conditions. Please contact us to test speed from your ISP connection.

That said, you can have a look at our real time monitor to determine whether there's a server near or on capacity, and pick a server with more free bandwidth:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_air&view=servers&Itemid=107

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

I tested each of the servers and ran online speed tests and the highest speed i was able to reach was 3.3 Mbit/s, with most servers between 1-2 Mbit/s. Thats a huge drop from my usual 30Mbit/s

I tested each of the servers and ran online speed tests and the highest speed i was able to reach was 3.3 Mbit/s, with most servers between 1-2 Mbit/s. Thats a huge drop from my usual 30Mbit/s

Hello!

Most customers can reach much higher speeds, other unfortunately just can't. The reasons are clearly explained in the FAQ.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards