Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.161.54
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Two new 1 Gbit/s servers available (CA)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Canada are available: Almach and Spica.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Almach and Spica support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Great news, I was wondering the other day to myself if you guys would be adding a 2-3 more in CA soon. You read my mind and acted on it, thanks!

I just used the new Almach CA server as vpn1 and ran a connection diagnostic.  I am way over 1000 miles from that datacenter and I consistently get 52.8 meg down with solid signal "keep".  Very little if any packet loss.  I use the type of test where many files are sent and received to determine the ACTUAL real world use of the VPN connection.  Further, vpn1 is "wrapped" in ssl which accounts for a likely 5-8% loss.  I did not check it without the "wrapper".

This is great news for the people in the Canada area. Maybe you could look at a server or 2 in the South/Central US, may Dallas, Austin or Houston. 

Hello!

We confirm to you that we repute that we have no obligation to follow Canadian laws for services provided outside Canada and to non-Canadian citizens, with data only transiting through servers in Canada. Additionally, we also repute that for us the privacy and data protection framework of the European Union takes precedence on any Canada law, in case the latter conflicts with the first, because our company is under EU legal framework jurisdiction and not under Canada jurisdiction.

Kind regards

I didnt even realize there were new Canada servers. Good deal!

I seriously doubt Canada can keep up or do anything major aboout it.

Put it in perspective How many times have we herd something like this before?

AirVPN is from Itatly what could Canada do? send letters...

----

Is this why the score from Canadian servers is in the crapper now?

Edit: Nevermind, the scores are normal today. The Canadian servers were all 1 or two stars yesterday for some reason.