Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.27.122
stupidcats

AirVPN is terribly slow nowadays - Is it only me?!

Hey there,

I've noticed my internet hanging a LOT while using AirVPN... It used to be so fast but nowadays... Check the following screenshots.

Download speed 1:

Without VPN:

https://img.bi/#/xt7c34k!kUp88E4JPxV49RPoL0PybBsq6BO11ubI7TuQaWI5

With VPN:

https://img.bi/#/PVFu3oD!lTmexoUvPgztDsVkq9JDiYpbJmEgW1TOmhRGnE0a

Connection Speed 2:

Without VPN:

https://img.bi/#/8YLvfCi!tT8OS8jHxlIM032OT8Kvj3n4UWJoZfGJnsW7AKJb

With VPN:

https://img.bi/#/9fTpWhp!N97d1c9skVSOxzI47yiYM0EF3nhW89KqI0JiygK7

As you can see, something is definitely wrong with AirVPN, or am I missing something? Also, I'm having this problem on several AirVPN servers (I haven't done the testing on many though.. I'll continue testing)..

Am I missing something? Am I the only one having this problem? Is it a problem on my end?

EDIT:

I've used the following sites to the my connection:

- www.testemy.net

http://speedof.me/

Also, I used to have really good connection while connected to Air, almost as good as without VPN.

EDIT 2:

I've tried with two additional servers and the problem seems to have stopped? Damn, I forgot to save which servers I used to test for the screenshots I provided above... stupid me!

I've been getting great speeds. I get the same speed I pay my ISP for while connected to AirVPN servers.

No it's not just you. I was complaining about the extremly slow speeds of Luxemberg a week before the server disappeared without explanation and now it's happening on the other servers I use. It makes me wonder if there isn't some kind of wiretapping happening. I hope these issues get fixed soon because I am losing patience with YouTube buffering every few seconds even on 480p settings.

no doubt there is a lot of internet terrorism going on.  ddos attacks and such.  one of the private bittorrent trackers I use has been pretty much offline for a couple weeks now.  Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if datacenters that Air uses are under attack.

no doubt there is a lot of internet terrorism going on.  ddos attacks and such.  one of the private bittorrent trackers I use has been pretty much offline for a couple weeks now.  Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if datacenters that Air uses are under attack.

This is pure speculation. Until the staff says otherwise, I don't think AirVPN is under attack.

Prior to using VPN I had a slow response time from my ISP (Virgin). I phoned them and after a few online checks the tech told me that the function which gives out a new address had failed for whatever reason. He told me to shut down my PC and unplug my router and modem, wait 30-60seconds and then reboot the modem first, and when the modem was fully rebooted do the same with my router and when it was also fully rebooted I should then finally start my PC. This solved the problem for me at that time. I have been a AirVPN customer for approx 4mths now and like you others here I suffered a slowing down of my internet connection this last week and repeated the same as detailed above and it cured it also. I have no idea of the technicalities involved here but this did work so I suggest that you also try it out.

EDIT 2:

I've tried with two additional servers and the problem seems to have stopped? Damn, I forgot to save which servers I used to test for the screenshots I provided above... stupid me!

Hello!

We're glad to know that the problem is solved.

During the last week serious problems have occurred at a global Internet level due to malfunction (we have no idea about the causes) of infrastructures of big providers in the world. That affected thousands of smaller providers, residential ISPs and datacenters, in particular during some hours of November the 26th. Just to give you an idea of the enormity of the malfunction, ALL of our datacenter traffic providers (we're talking about more than forty providers, which include several tier1 providers, in three different continents) had problems: high latency and 20% packet loss.

Kind regards

No it's not just you. I was complaining about the extremly slow speeds of Luxemberg a week before the server disappeared without explanation and now it's happening on the other servers I use. It makes me wonder if there isn't some kind of wiretapping happening. I hope these issues get fixed soon because I am losing patience with YouTube buffering every few seconds even on 480p settings.

Try YouTube with HTML5 video. Solved a number of problems for me although only 360p and 720p are aviable.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

This is pure speculation. Until the staff says otherwise, I don't think AirVPN is under attack.

Yep, "I wouldn't be surprised if" means speculation.  Any reason why you felt you needed to protect people from my LACK of statement of fact?  And I went on to say the "datacenter", not AirVPN.  You do realize the datacenter houses a lot more than just Air, right?

Again, I've been getting HORRIBLE speeds with AirVPN... Sometimes my connection drops all-together (I think, because sites just stop working).. Sometimes it's faster watching gifs without VPN (my ISP applies traffic shapping) than with VPN on. This is hilariously sad.

So ya, no idea what's been going on, but it would be cool if something could be done about it. It also seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

Again, I've been getting HORRIBLE speeds with AirVPN... Sometimes my connection drops all-together (I think, because sites just stop working).. Sometimes it's faster watching gifs without VPN (my ISP applies traffic shapping) than with VPN on. This is hilariously sad.

So ya, no idea what's been going on, but it would be cool if something could be done about it. It also seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

Hello,

feel free to open a support ticket. We simply can't help in any way with vague indications. In general, we can state that if you have tried different servers and the problem is the same on all of them, the issue is on your side (your ISP, your system, a part of your hardware...) because the likelihood that dozens of different providers and different datacenters and different servers have all the very same problem at the very same time is so absurdly low to be safely considered impossible.

The real time servers monitor and our monitoring systems show that there are no problems in our infrastructure as usual.

Kind regards

Flying at 30-40 meg here today (many times 50+).  Almost never down or see any "flinches" at all.  Gotta be your end OP!!

During this exact post I am reduced because of TOR, but the host OS (vpn1) is just under 50!

I get my full ISP speed at all times on Air (30down, 5up). Yes I know 30 down isnt very fast ISP but this is what we have to put up with in the usa.