Not connected, Your IP: 44.213.80.203
stupidcats

What's your e-mail provider?

nsa proof

NEVER say this! Please.

Did you hear of new interesting laws making their way into Switzerland's legislation, giving intelligence agencies quite extensive possibilities to monitor people's telecommunciation there? As soon as I find the article I will post it here. Not an (April Fools') joke, by the way.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No, Posteo is not an option for me.

Becauuuuuse..?

Because they have its funds on GLS Bank, founded by members of anthroposophy sect?

Because they have its funds on GLS Bank, founded by members of anthroposophy sect?

What's bad about it? And most important: Why does it make Posteo bad?

That's why I asked - what's bad about anthroposophy? It's not a sect, it's a philosophy.

the anonymous benefits posteo offer would be undermined associating it with your own domain. I am not aware of any domain registrar which will allow completely anonymous registration, although you can hide behind a whois privacy protector, the registrars can be legally bound to give up your details should they be asked with suitable legal paperwork. The main benefit of posteo is you can be *completely* anonymous. If this is less important to you, theres tons of equally solid providers out there you can attach to your own domain.

the anonymous benefits posteo offer would be undermined associating it with your own domain. I am not aware of any domain registrar which will allow completely anonymous registration, although you can hide behind a whois privacy protector, the registrars can be legally bound to give up your details should they be asked with suitable legal paperwork. The main benefit of posteo is you can be *completely* anonymous. If this is less important to you, theres tons of equally solid providers out there you can attach to your own domain.

Everyone who would want to use their own domain is aware of that. Privacy is not binary, it's a spectrum. Sure they could be legally bound to give up my information, but that doesn't mean that I will have 0 privacy if I use my own domain. Nowadays everyone buys stuff from the internet and you need your address to do that. So ya, it's pretty straightforward to tie an e-mail to a particular person. Hell, you can tie an email to a person just by the connection information, such as IP address and such. I doubt most people who use posteo.de connect via VPN/TOR.

Also, they accept paypal and bank transfer for fuck sake. They're not being consistent now, are they? If the reason for not supporting the use of domains is privacy reasons, then they should not accept paypal/bank transfers as well.

Someone using posteo AND their own domain would still be better than using something else, privacy wise.

At one point I was looking into buying a WEDG for email (own server). Info here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wedg-the-personal-cloud-you-ve-been-waiting-for

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10466/the-wedg-a-secure-complete-cloud-solution-for-a-post-snowden-world/

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/25/wedg/

I would only buy something like this after it had been released (user feedback) and if it was 100% open source (which it is not).

If the reason for not supporting the use of domains is privacy reasons, then they should not accept paypal/bank transfers as well.

I don't agree with you; think, and especially read, again. They focus on data economy. Not anonymity.

valuable tool there.  I use the addon for firefox called SSleuth.  https://github.com/sibiantony/ssleuth/

I am wondering how SSL Labs is getting their data for gmail.  When I visit gmail site SSleuth reports

Cipher suite
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
    Key exchange: Elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman.
    Authentication: ECDSA.
    Bulk cipher: AES GCM 128 bits.
    HMAC: SHA-256.
Perfect Forward Secrecy: Yes
SSL/TLS Version: TLSv1.2
Connection status: Secure
Certificate
    Extended validation: No
    Signature: SHA-256/RSA
    Key: 256 bits ECDSA
    Common name: mail.google.com
    Issued to: Google Inc
    Issued by: Google Inc
    Validity: 5/6/2015 12:05:46 PM -- 8/4/2015 0:00:00 AM
    Fingerprint: 57:53:78:A6:01:EF:98:DF:6A:56: 35:4F:94:9E:C9:77:FA: :E0:1B

which seems to contradict.  I wonder why the discrepancy? 

Posteo.de info from SSleuth for comparison

Cipher suite
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
Key exchange: Elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman.
Authentication: RSA.
Bulk cipher: AES GCM 128 bits.
HMAC: SHA-256.
Perfect Forward Secrecy: Yes
SSL/TLS Version: TLSv1.2
Connection status: Secure
Certificate
Extended validation: Yes
Signature: SHA-256/RSA
Key: 2048 bits RSA
Common name: www.posteo.de
Issued to: Posteo e.K.
Issued by: StartCom Ltd. StartCom Certification Authority
Validity: 4/16/2014 13:03:06 PM -- 4/16/2016 16:23:04 PM
Fingerprint: 3A:89:D8:AD:DC:A7:23:5C:8F:44: E9:DD:2E:85:6A:31:D2:D3:C9:70

I'd like to add https://uberspace.de to the list. It's far more than just an e-mail hosting service. I use it for more than a year now and am completely satisfied. Unfortunately for most, they offer their services in German only. (Even if they reply to English Twitter messages in English.)

I is pay what you want (at least 1€) and you have 10GB of storage. Plus: You can use your own domain.

If you can use your own domain, they have to save personal data. It's german law.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

If you can use your own domain, they have to save personal data. It's german law.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

Generally

But then again, are you?????

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk