Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.194.39
Sign in to follow this  
anonno888

Newbie, completely lost!

Hi all,

I've just subscribed to AirVPN, and am feeling completely lost in the set up! My sincere apologies if this has been covered before in the forums... I've spent the last half hour or so searching for answers in the forums, but still having trouble understanding it all.

I generally consider myself fairly tech-savvy, but I'm having some trouble understanding how to set up AirVPN properly.

Basically, I want to use this service to secure all internet traffic in and out of my laptop. I downloaded the AirVPN client (I'm running Windows 8 with the Windows firewall), installed it and then "connected to recommended server".

Am I now good to go, and is my activity now secure? Do I need to follow any other steps to prevent "leaks"? What happens if I'm unexpectedly disconnected from the server? Is my activity then visible to prying eyes?

Feeling a little lost, so any instructions (the simpler the language, the better) would be much appreciated!

Am I now good to go, and is my activity now secure? Do I need to follow any other steps to prevent "leaks"? What happens if I'm unexpectedly disconnected from the server? Is my activity then visible to prying eyes?

Hello and welcome!

You're already connected and all of your system traffic is tunneled (no need to configure any application), but you might like to activate "Network Lock" to prevent leaks: https://airvpn.org/topic/12175-network-lock

Kind regards