Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.178.126
Staff

Eddie 2.7 available

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new Eddie Air client version has been released: 2.7. Please read the changelogs: https://airvpn.org/services/changelog.php?software=client&format=html

2.7 version is compatible with several Linux distributions. For very important notes about environments, please read here: https://airvpn.org/forum/35-client-software-platforms-environments

Eddie 2.7 includes important bug fixes.

It also implements direct TOR support for OpenVPN over TOR connections. Finally, Eddie makes OpenVPN over TOR easily available to Linux and OS X users: no needs for Virtual Machines, middle boxes or other special configurations. Windows users will find a more friendly approach as well. The logic of the connection of OpenVPN over TOR has been completely rewritten. This mode is not handled anymore as a generic connection to a socks proxy, but it is specifically designed for TOR and therefore solves multiple issues, especially in Linux and OS X, including the "infinite routing loop" problem (see for example http://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/1232/me-tor-vpn-how/1235#1235 )

As far as we know, Eddie is the first and currently the only OpenVPN wrapper that natively allows OpenVPN over TOR connections for multiple Operating Systems. https://airvpn.org/tor

We recommend that you upgrade Eddie as soon as possible.

Eddie 2.7 for Linux can be downloaded here: https://airvpn.org/linux
Eddie 2.7 for Windows can be downloaded here: https://airvpn.org/windows
Eddie 2.7 for OS X Mavericks and Yosemite only can be downloaded here: https://airvpn.org/macosx

PLEASE NOTE: Eddie 2.7 package includes an OpenVPN version re-compiled by us with OpenSSL 1.0.1j for security reasons and to fix this bug: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/328

Eddie overview is available here: https://airvpn.org/software
Eddie includes a Network Lock feature: https://airvpn.org/faq/software_lock
Eddie 2.7 is free and open source software released under GPLv3

UPDATE Eddie 2.7 and 2.6 for OS X had a digital signature which is no more recognized because of a change in Apple logic. Eddie 2.7 has been digitally re-signed and the package has been re-uploaded. It's anyway useless to re-download it if you already did.

Kind regards & datalove
AirVPN Staff

I'm still unable to install Eddie on my OpenSUSE 13.2 Gnome 3.14 box.

Thanks for the update never the less.

Running Linux,  Fedora 20.

Previous versions of Eddie thru 2.6 installed ok and worked well.

I uninstalled 2.6 and tried to install 2.7.  Multiple errors about missing GPG sigs.  I ran the script to import the maintainer.key.   There was no error similar to "cannot find repo local".  End result:  AirVPN was not installed.

I reinstalled 2.6 without a problem and it works correctly.

I will be happy to run any tests that you would like  - -  just be warned that I am very new to Linux.

Hi there, Quick update- I can get the portable version to run although I cannot get a connection with the DNS lock activated. When DNS lock disabled and network lock enabled I get a connection according to Eddie but I cannot connect to the internet. Theres a lot of variables in play so I'm going to continue poking at this.
Thanks.

I can't install Eddie 2.7 on OpenSuse 13.1 64bit. I get an error message during installation:

„internal system error: Installation aborted by user“. I tried a few times, always the same error.

Eddie 2.6 is working fine!

@LBDude

@snaggle

@wer

Hello,

we're going to check the .rpm package for Fedora and openSUSE. Do you confirm that the problem is in the .rpm package, while you can run the portable version?

Kind regards

hello,

I'm having two problems with eddie 2.7 on OSX yosemite. I adressed the first one already in the 2.6 topic - whenever I unplug my external monitor from ym laptop eddie wants to quit. It gives me the "do you really want to quit" confirmation dialog. The second: every restart I get a "airvpn wants to make changes" message that I have to confirm with my password. I already did repair permissions from disk utility without any change. Any help is appreciated.

@LBDude

@snaggle

@wer

Hello,

please re-download the .rpm package for openSUSE or Fedora. We think we have found the problem and fixed it.

Kind regards

hello,

I'm having two problems with eddie 2.7 on OSX yosemite. I adressed the first one already in the 2.6 topic - whenever I unplug my external monitor from ym laptop eddie wants to quit. It gives me the "do you really want to quit" confirmation dialog. The second: every restart I get a "airvpn wants to make changes" message that I have to confirm with my password. I already did repair permissions from disk utility without any change. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

the first problem is weird and we still need to investigate it. The second issue is not a problem, it is expected and normal behavior. Eddie wants administrator privileges.

Kind regards

@LBDude

@snaggle

@wer

Hello,

please re-download the .rpm package for openSUSE or Fedora. We think we have found the problem and fixed it.

Kind regards

Hello,

thanks for the quick response, it's working now for me on OpenSuse 13.1! I still have to check the new features.

Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

Hi, Thanks for the response.

OpenSUSE 13.2 Gnome 3.14 here, still not working, it installs but will not run.

Hi, Thanks for the response.

OpenSUSE 13.2 Gnome 3.14 here, still not working, it installs but will not run.

More details please, if possible and at your convenience, "it installs but will not run" does not help... thanks!

Kind regards

Hi, sorry I was short on time. and thanks for the rapid response

Ok I downloaded the new 64 bit .rpm file. Installed it using SUSE's 1 click install and everything seemed fine, the installer asked for root privaliges and no errors where reported. so good so far.

The Airvpn Icon is installed in the app overview however when I click on it instead of Air asking for root privaliges and starting up nothing happens.

I tried this before and after uninstalling the previous version and before and after reboots.

Any more info I can provide please ask.

Thanks as always.

As stated previous I'm running OpenSUSE 13.2 RC and Gnome 3.14.

Edit: I can run the portable version.

hello,

Hello,

the first problem is weird and we still need to investigate it. The second issue is not a problem, it is expected and normal behavior. Eddie wants administrator privileges.

Kind regards

thanks for your reply.

curious what you'll find out regarding  the monitor issue, let me know if I can provide any information to help with that.

regarding the admin passoword. I know it needs permission to run stuff, but not every time it is started. this wasn't the case with 2.6 version. there really should be a way around this.

@LBDude

@snaggle

@wer

Hello,

Kind regards

The new .rpm package (64 bit) installed correctly and is working.   Have not checked new features yet.

Thank You !!!

2.7 Winx64 (7/2008r2)

36hr+ - So far no troubles to report with existing setup, though have not tried additional features added with this release other then the "[bugfix] VPN total stats not reset at a new connection" does not appear to be fixed, upon disconnect\reconnect it still shows the total for the Airvpn client session in total not for the most recent connection, is that bug that was meant to be fixed?

Where is the source code for Eddie 2.7 on Windows?

I could be wrong but took a brief look at gibhub it looked like 2.7 was out there (maybe the "2.7osx" label on src is misleading), granted some files are still labeled 2.5 but those appear at quick glace to be ones that are unlikely to have changed since then in the windows specific files (cli.windows\ui.windows\platforms.windows), for instance the gui changes for preferences from 2.6 to 2.7 are certainly there (src/Lib.Forms/Forms/Settings.Designer.cs and related for example) as appear to be other changes in /core and /libcore that are tor related, they're just not changes to totally windows specifc code. Confirmation from the dev team about that would be great though as I did not attempt to grab or build the project. /2cents

Bug report maybe?

Win 8.1 64 bit w/ Eddie 2.7

My speeds both up and down were slow these last few days.  I finally realized why:  I had Protocol set to Automatic.  Instead of connecting to my server of choice with UDP port 443, it had me on TCP port 80.

How is the 'Automatic' setting decided?

Since the update to Eddie 2.7 the speed was very slow. I saw that the protocol was set to Automatic. I tried to select UDP 443 but I can't check the box. At the moment I'm using UDP 80 and it works fine again.

I was also wondering how the Automatic protocol setting was decided because I have noticed through the logs that mine automatically connects to TCP whereas before, I had UDP port 443 selected.

Other than that, all of the Eddie clients have worked great for me without any problems.  Thanks for the great work.

I was also wondering how the Automatic protocol setting was decided because I have noticed through the logs that mine automatically connects to TCP whereas before, I had UDP port 443 selected.

Other than that, all of the Eddie clients have worked great for me without any problems.  Thanks for the great work.

Hello!

The mode is proposed by the VPN server [wrong, it's in the manifest specs]: for some reason the server you tried was proposing 80 TCP, even if 443 UDP was working fine. Fixed.

Kind regards

Hello!

The mode is proposed by the VPN server: for some reason the server you tried was proposing 80 TCP, even if 443 UDP was working fine. Fixed.

Kind regards

I was having the same issue as others (initially) with slower speeds across multiple servers after installing 2.7 (Windows 8 x64).  All seems to be working perfect now though.  The network lock has been working quite nicely too!  

Thanks for the great service...