Not connected, Your IP: 54.242.165.255

Using AirVPN with Mac is very easy.

1. Generate AirVPN zip file.

2. Install Tunnelblick, http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/wiki/DownloadsEntry?tm=2

3. When prompted, choose "Open Configuration Directory".

4. Copy the files from the AirVPN zip file to the configuration directory. It is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations

5. Connect to AirVPN by using the Tunnelblick menu item (next to Spotlight)

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

After following these instructions, this notice pops up when I try to connect air: "The configuration file for 'air' does not appear to contain a 'dev tun' or 'dev tap' option. This option may be needed for proper Tunnelblick operation. Consult with your network administrator or the OpenVPN documentation." Am I missing a file in the configurations?

kenzieparis wrote:

After following these instructions, this notice pops up when I try to connect air: "The configuration file for 'air' does not appear to contain a 'dev tun' or 'dev tap' option. This option may be needed for proper Tunnelblick operation. Consult with your network administrator or the OpenVPN documentation." Am I missing a file in the configurations?

Hello!

You're not missing anything.

This is a (rare) Tunnelblick bug in the config file parsing. It has been fixed in the latest Tunnelblick branch 3.1 r1263. We recommend the upgrade.

Another way to patch it is to manually remove all the comments from the configuration file (use a text editor, edit air.ovpn and delete all lines beginning with '#').

See also http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/source/detail?r=1263

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the manual method, which seemed to get rid of the original error, but I am still unable to start OpenVPN, details just shows a bunch of this:

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for net.tunnelblick.tun; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /Applications/Tunnelblick.app/Contents/Resources/tun.kext

load failed for extension /Applications/Tunnelblick.app/Contents/Resources/tun.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Error: Unable to load net.tunnelblick.tun and/or net.tunnelblick.tap kexts in 5 tries. Status = 1

kextload: extension /Applications/Tunnelblick.app/Contents/Resources/tap.kext is already loaded

kextload: extension /Applications/Tunnelblick.app/Contents/Resources/tap.kext is already loaded

I'm terribly sorry to bother you with more questions, but when you mean "upgrade", do you mean the access plan upgrade will provide a version with the fixed branch, or do you mean an update in Tunnelblick (and where might I manually download the update)?

Thank you again!

@kenzieparis

Hello! In the previous message we referred to your Tunnelblick software for the upgrade.

The issue you report is a different problem. See here some hints which might help you solve the problem (find here also links to download latest releases):

http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/wiki/wCommonProblems#An_OpenVPN_log_entry_says_%22Tunnelblick:_openvpnstart_status

For an extensive overview of common problems:

http://code.google.com/p/tunnelblick/wiki/wCommonProblems

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hello Admin,

Tunnelblick issues are now resolved, but I cannot connect to AirVPN:

2011-01-26 22:40:34 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1296052834,TCP_CONNECT,,,

2011-01-26 22:40:35 TCP: connect to XXX.XXX failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

Tunnelblick help says is a problem with the servers being full, though this seems more or less impossible. Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

kenzieparis wrote:

Hello Admin,

Tunnelblick issues are now resolved, but I cannot connect to AirVPN:

2011-01-26 22:40:34 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1296052834,TCP_CONNECT,,,

2011-01-26 22:40:35 TCP: connect to XXX.XXX failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

Tunnelblick help says is a problem with the servers being full, though this seems more or less impossible. Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Yes, that's impossible...

Be sure to connect to the free server if you have not premium membership. The premium server refuses connections from non-premium users. If the problem is not solved, open a ticket and post full Tunneblick log (not here in the forum).

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Thank you for your help. I tried re-loading a configuration file that didn't go through the proxy server, and so far it works wonderfully!

My Best Regards

Hi!

It seems like the server does not accept my login.

I am a non-paying member (until I can get the VPN to work). Am I using the right server?

2011-02-24 17:17:03 VERIFY OK: depth=1, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=airvpn.org_CA/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

2011-02-24 17:17:03 VERIFY OK: nsCertType=SERVER

2011-02-24 17:17:03 VERIFY OK: depth=0, /C=IT/ST=IT/L=Perugia/O=airvpn.org/CN=server/emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

2011-02-24 17:17:04 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

2011-02-24 17:17:04 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

2011-02-24 17:17:04 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key

2011-02-24 17:17:04 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication

2011-02-24 17:17:04 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 2048 bit RSA

2011-02-24 17:17:04 [server] Peer Connection Initiated with 91.121.114.71:443

2011-02-24 17:17:05 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1298564225,GET_CONFIG,,,

2011-02-24 17:17:06 SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

2011-02-24 17:17:06 AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message

2011-02-24 17:17:06 SIGTERM received, sending exit notification to peer

2011-02-24 17:17:11 SENT CONTROL [server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

2011-02-24 17:17:11 TCP/UDP: Closing socket

2011-02-24 17:17:11 SIGTERM[soft,exit-with-notification] received, process exiting

2011-02-24 17:17:11 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1298564231,EXITING,exit-with-notification,,

2011-02-24 17:17:11 *Tunnelblick: Flushed the DNS cache

Best, F

@ferridder

Hello!

You are trying to access the premium server. The free server is Polaris, 94.23.211.188.

We hope that the service will meet your expectations so that you will upgrade to premium membership which have much more bandwidth and help us sustain our commitment to privacy and against censorship. :)

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hi! I am a free member and I downloaded the configuration (no proxy): I installed in tunnelblick 3.2 and now I have this tunnelblick window:

air: Authentication failed

The credentials (passphrase or username/password) were not accepted by the remote VPN server.

What can I do?

Thanks

Plaish wrote:

Hi! I am a free member and I downloaded the configuration (no proxy): I installed in tunnelblick 3.2 and now I have this tunnelblick window:

air: Authentication failed

The credentials (passphrase or username/password) were not accepted by the remote VPN server.

What can I do?

Thanks

Hello!

If you are a premium member, do not hesitate to open a ticket and please attach the complete connection log file.

If you are not a premium user, this is normal, since only premium members are authorized to access premium servers. Feel free to ask for a free trial premium period to test our services (menu "Support"-->"Contact us").

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Plaish wrote:

But how can I connect as a free member on tunnelblick?

Thanks

Hello!

Feel free to ask for a free period to test our services (menu "Support"-->"Contact us").

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hi,

I just registered and I wanted to trying the AirVPN service. I followed the small how to about using it with Mac Os X, but when I open the page of the OpenVPN Configuration Generator I get a "No modes available, sorry." messagge. Any idea how I could solve this?

John

john.doe wrote:

Hi,

I just registered and I wanted to trying the AirVPN service. I followed the small how to about using it with Mac Os X, but when I open the page of the OpenVPN Configuration Generator I get a "No modes available, sorry." messagge. Any idea how I could solve this?

John

Hello!

You need to activate your account first. You will soon receive via e-mail a coupon to activate it.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

bitos wrote:

Same problem there, but with linux config editor :unsure:

Hello!

Probably same solution. Make sure you have subscribed to one of our plans.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

that's my problem

wanna try the free version but it doesn"t allow to have a config file and use vpn. Dont understand very well what the "free status" goal

bitos wrote:

that's my problem :)

wanna try the free version but it doesn"t allow to have a config file and use vpn. Dont understand very well what the "free status" goal

Hello!

Clarification: the free access with premium status without limits is reserved to activists who live in freedom of expression hostile countries. For trial, time limited periods (without traffic limit anyway) we have the trial plan which can be refunded (no questions asked). Also, we make promotions on Twitter for 4 days free full tests, but they are offered only when free trials will not impact on bandwidth of premium members, according to our policy.

Currently, the guaranteed minimum allocated bandwidth is 4 Mbit/s 100% of any given time period, while you can have 25 Mbit/s during 85% of any 24hrs period.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

FYI, a good alternative OpenVPN GUI for OS X is Viscosity. Good investment of $9.

http://www.thesparklabs.com/viscosity/

P.S., ReCaptcha is almost impossible to read. Isn't there a better way??

Hello!

ReCaptcha is no more required after an account has written 2 messages. It is just an anti-spambot precaution.

Kind regards