Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.165.210

I have a couple of questions regarding AirVPN and OS X:

1) What are the pros and cons of using the Eddie client vs. Tunnelblick?

2) Is Eddie compatible with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)?

Thanks.

The Eddie Client is much more customizable and has more options than Tunnelblick. Also, AirVPN has been adding new and important features to the Eddie client such as the "Network Lock". Also when AirVPN gets new servers, the new ones are automatically added to the Eddie client instead of downloading configure files everytime a new server is added. There are more pro's but, you get the point. The only con I would say is that Eddie is still in beta. So there will be issues from time to time. However, when it comes out of the beta stage it will be a very good VPN client.

The answer to your second question is yes. Eddie will work with OSX Yosemite. I asked the AirVPN staff that same question about 10 days ago.

Enjoy AirVPN!

Hello!

Confirmed, Eddie seems to be working very nicely in Yosemite preview. This is a good sign: probably it will work as it is in Yosemite official release.

Eddie core 2.6 is no more beta, it is a stable release, BUT Network Lock plug-ins are experimental.

Kind regards

Apologies for asking a silly question. After installing and trying out the client app I'm kicking myself for wasting time on Tunnelblick.

One thing that would be nice would be to give Eddie a bit of a styling makeover to make it look more like a modern OS X app. In other words, keep the current functionality but consider a Viscosity-like re-skin. No doubt easier said than done, lol.

Apologies for asking a silly question. After installing and trying out the client app I'm kicking myself for wasting time on Tunnelblick.

One thing that would be nice would be to give Eddie a bit of a styling makeover to make it look more like a modern OS X app. In other words, keep the current functionality but consider a Viscosity-like re-skin. No doubt easier said than done, lol.

Actually I like the look of the Eddie client. That's just my opinion. 

I am fairly new to OS X and have a beginner´s question re Eddie and Yosemite. 

I downloaded the file and double clicked on it for it to run/install the program. It all works fine so far. However, and here comes the noob question: There is no program icon anywhere that I could find and click when I want to restart Eddie. I always go back to the download folder and double click on the downloaded file. Am I making something wrong? As the download is from a "nonofficial source", Yosemite always asks me to type in my admin password whenever I click on the downloaded Eddie file. So I wonder if I am making a mistake here in the way I use the downloaded file. Can anyone please enlighten me? :-)

Cheers

DUS

I downloaded the file and double clicked on it for it to run/install the program. It all works fine so far. However, and here comes the noob question: There is no program icon anywhere that I could find and click when I want to restart Eddie. I always go back to the download folder and double click on the downloaded file. Am I making something wrong? As the download is from a "nonofficial source", Yosemite always asks me to type in my admin password whenever I click on the downloaded Eddie file. So I wonder if I am making a mistake here in the way I use the downloaded file. Can anyone please enlighten me? :-)

Cheers

DUS

After you double click the tar.gz file it will open up into an AirVPN icon.  

Drag the AirVPN icon to your Applications folder in Finder.  Then double click to run it.  

After you enter your Admin password - btw are you running with Admin rights? - then enter your AirVPN details and click remember password.

You should be good to go after then.

Once airvpn is running on my mac (airvpn=eddie, right?) is there an option to stop it and use it again at anytime? Or once it runs I "should" not stop it from running for all my internet activities? (I'm very new to using vpn and still learning the importance of it, sorry)

If you disconnect from the VPN, leaving Eddie running, you'll lose whatever degree of anonimity the VPN grants. It's up to you to decide whether to stay 24/7 behind the VPN or not. If you keep Eddie running, while disconnected, you can always connect once more, with just one click (assuming it works in the same way as the Windows client).

Cheers

DUS

After you double click the tar.gz file it will open up into an AirVPN icon.  

Drag the AirVPN icon to your Applications folder in Finder.  Then double click to run it.  

After you enter your Admin password - btw are you running with Admin rights? - then enter your AirVPN details and click remember password.

You should be good to go after then.

Hi amazeballs,

Thank you for your reply! That´s greatly appreciated!

I dragged the Icon into the applications folder but every time I click on the Icon then, a message pops up saying that the app wants to make some changes and that I have to put in my password. Once I´ve put in my password, everything´s fine. But I´d like not to put in my pw every time I start the app. Is there anywhere in the settings/preference settings that I can get rid of this rather annoying pw request?

Hi DUS,

No problem.  It can be a little freaky getting started on a new platform.  However you have made a great choice in moving to OS X, so it will get a lot easier for you very quickly.  Pretty soon you will find yourself gritting your teeth when you are forced to use Windows machines.

Anyways, the good folk at AirVPN have been made aware of that password issue.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.  In the meantime, the best thing to do (PIA I know) is when you don't want to browse under VPN anymore for whatever reason, click the AirVPN icon on the Menu bar (thats the one at the TOP of your screen) and click Disconnect.  AirVPN will then do so.  Next time you want to reconnect, then click the same icon in the Menu Bar and click connect as appropriate.  If you click 'Quit', then you will have to do that password thing again.  It also takes longer to get going so best to go for the Disconnect method.

The row of icons at the bottom of your screen (usually - but I have changed the location of mine) is called your Dock.  There is another AirVPN icon there.  If you click on there you can do the same process, but with the same box you saw when you first started AirVPN.

Am running OSX 10.7.5 and your AirVPN client: Eddie. I have entered my login pass and AirVPN details But each time I push on "Connect to a recommended server"--I get the response: OpenVPN not found  --What do I need to do??

Thanks.