Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.62.181
darkixion

VPN doesn't work when using different internet connection

Hi,

I've noticed that whenever I visit my friend's house, my AirVPN connections connect successfully, but then loading any web page hangs forever, regardless of which VPN destination location I use.  This doesn't happen when I'm in any other location.  We're on the same ISP, and I've been able to connect using his Windows laptop, and I can connect on my Android phone.  It just doesn't work when using my laptop (Linux Mint Debian Edition).

I've compared the output of connecting from home to connecting at my friend's, and the only difference is on the following 3 lines:

TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]XX.XX.XXX.XX:XXX, sid=xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
ROUTE_GATEWAY 192.168.X.1/255.255.255.0 IFACE=wlan0 HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
/sbin/ip route add XX.XX.XXX.XX/32 via 192.168.X.1

I've blanked out the HWADDR as I don't wish to share it, but that's the same in each instance.  Also the IP addresses in the first and last lines are the same in each instance, but that's just the IP address of the VPN service.

I've rebooted to try to force any caching issues to go away, but it makes no difference.

Could someone explain why my VPN might not work from my laptop in this specific location, but works everywhere else?

Thanks

Hi,

This is still an issue.  I can connect to any AirVPN location successfully (i.e. the last line of the openvpn log says "Initialization Sequence Completed"), but attempting to load any web page leaves me stuck with "resolving host..." issues so I can't access any websites.  This problem goes away when I'm not at this location.  My friend is able to connect to AirVPN on their Windows laptop without any issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks