Not connected, Your IP: 3.84.110.120
yopw

Limited speed with Windows client

I've been getting download speeds of ~2.5Mbit since I started using AirVPN about a year ago and it never really mattered much to me until now because that was about the speed I could expect from my 'naked' internet connection. Now that I've moved I have a much better connection I would like to take advantage of and I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting... the download speed is mostly consistent for different servers as well as protocol and port configurations.

Here's my speed test results from the website (with Cephei):

Down: 19.492 Mbit/s Out, 2.485 Mbit/s In (12%), 20MB - Up: 2.207 Mbit/s Out, 2.062 Mbit/s In (93%), 20MB - Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:34:39 GMT - Buffers: 20MB/20MB - Laps: 3, Time: 340.83 secs

I'd appreciate any help. I'm using Windows 7 and am connecting by the Windows client.

If you're still having performance issues, it could be because of ISP Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).  There are newer threads on here discussing this.

My suggestion:  Download the latest Eddie client, and in Preferences/Protocols, select SSL Tunnel Port 443.  Then run your speed tests using speedtest.net.

I have 75/75 service and went from 10Mbps down to almost 60Mbps down just making this change.

I have a 152Mbps connection and have found that I can max my line using Eddie downloading Linux torrents (i.e. well seeded). However the website speed test gives a very low result. Perhaps try an Ubuntu torrent or similar for a more reliable test.