Not connected, Your IP: 44.206.227.65

Currently, bittorrent is stuck in its waiting to log in phase. This has happened before, usually when they roll out a new version and I dont update it. Updating the client used to fix the issue but now it has not. I switched out airvpn servers and it would work for a day, but I would have to change my config file each day. Now, however, even that doesn't work.

Ive tried different ports for both the openvpn client and bittorrent to no avail. Ive locked the system down using comodo so there are no leaks, there is one outgoing connection from my pc to the client, and then one outgoing connection through the client which is bittorrent. I dont see how a third party could be intercepting my connection requests. I did see some posts that the open trackers are blocking airvpn servers, is this what is going on? I dont want to try connecting without airvpn to test it.

Thanks

Hello!

What happens if you run a different BitTorrent software? Which server(s) are you experiencing the problem in?

Kind regards

I usually use stock bittorrent client, I tried utorrent before finding out it was the same program, same issue. I tried Tixati, its also having the same issue acquiring  the dht from the trackers. I have tried on pavonis, heze, peresi and now arrakis on different udp ports and entry ips. Same issue. All other connections seem to work. I have tried downloading different files with lots of seeders and same issue.

Ill see if comodo did something but I dont recall updating it or making any changes.

I was doing some research and found an older post that some windows updates reset the tcpip.sys file and mess it up(the posts were from 06). I dont know if this is related but I do recall there were some windows updates that occurred roughly around the time this BS started happening perhaps it changed something. I will try some foreign servers or whatever later.

What worries me is this is a common issue when the ISP or network admin blocks the torrent protocols, which should be hidden by the vpn. I dont think this is possible with a proper vpn configuration(ive passed all tests for dns leaks and IP tests), but I have had my internet cutoff before so im always afraid of this happening again.

I got it to work by switching to Herculis server. I looked in forwarded ports in the client area and saw a port was forwarded, but when I told the BT client to use that port it did not work. Only switching to the Herculis server(perhaps any non US server) worked. Perhaps the us gov can block traffic through the hubs? Or the trackers block US traffic via proxy or vpn?

I found it with the US servers I tried.  As soon as I switched to Netherlands and Canada, it worked fine.. Just don't seem to like the US servers.

It happened again using Pavonis. I used a non US server for a few weeks last time and it worked right away. And this time Ive done the same and it also worked right away. Theres something about using a US server for prolonged time that invalidates it.

This time I have disabled windows update both in firewall and as a service, and comodo update. So besides steam, nothing has updated itself on my computer since I last got bittorrent working. Im even more sure nothing has changed.

Hopefully this will help someone - I have been having this problem on and off for several months now.  When I ran tests to see if it was my PC or network, I had no problems using DHT when not on AirVPN.  What I also find odd is that when I was having the problem, I could just log out of AirVPN, wait a few seconds for utorrent & DHT to start working, then log back in to AirVPN and I would be able to use DHT for several days before having the problem again.

Tonight I was having the problem again and I just updated my old version of utorrent to the latest one and the problem instantly disappeared without having to log out of AirVPN.  I have no idea why, but I hope this information is able to help someone.

Ok I didnt fix the technical cause of the problem, however I did find the source of the problem. On larger torrents I was telling the client to 'shutdown(the computer) when downloads complete'. Something in that process causes this problem.

Now, I make sure I shut down the torrent client first, then shut the computer down. No issues.

My utorrent connections do not work on USA servers anymore. I have a portable build I use to keep the configuration settings simple between computers. Uninstalled the AirVPN client and installed the newer client. Nothing has changed on my end, even updated to a different forwarding port. It will connect through other countries, obviously will connect without the client if I want it to, but any servers in the USA just give me a DHT logging in time out.

It would be nice to have the lower latency if I could just be able to use them again.

What changed?

Ok I didnt fix the technical cause of the problem, however I did find the source of the problem. On larger torrents I was telling the client to 'shutdown(the computer) when downloads complete'. Something in that process causes this problem.

Now, I make sure I shut down the torrent client first, then shut the computer down. No issues.

That has nothing to do with the connection issue, that just means you corrupt/corrupted something in your torrent client settings file with shutting down improperly. Do you have Virtual Machines running on your pc?

In a sense that was my connection issue. At least in my case. Telling it to auto shutdown was the direct cause of my particular dht problems. I had had the problem intermittantly before but never really caught on to how I was causing the problem, and then it took time to see if it actually fixed (my) problem or if it would happen agian. I dont have the technical knoweldge to delve into other peoples issues I just hoped my experience would help someone. Ive seen the posts online about people going crazy trying to fix this problem and nobody seemed to have any answers.

This continues to be a problem on US Servers. BUMP^

Topic is not solved for me, every other country's server works just fine.

I'm having the exact same problem using servers located in the Netherlands. Someone above described a process wherein you connect to the torrent-network without being logged into AirVPN, waiting for the hash-table to be refreshed, then closing the torrent client and reconnecting with the VPN running this time. Works like a charm but can hardly be considered a solution to the problem.