Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.233.189
Sign in to follow this  
cartright

OS X feedback

i gotta say i just joined up...and this a a deal breaker for me. I want something that just kills dead the internet if the connection drops. Plug and play, eg click and instal and it works. I do not want to have to do endless configuration.

thier should a a combined one stop gui of osx. Even so far mucking around with tunnelblk was a hassle.

a paid service should be *much* better

i gotta say i just joined up...and this a a deal breaker for me. I want something that just kills dead the internet if the connection drops. Plug and play, eg click and instal and it works. I do not want to have to do endless configuration.

thier should a a combined one stop gui of osx. Even so far mucking around with tunnelblk was a hassle.

Hello!

There is, you have probably missed it. It's our Eddie client for OS X. You can download it from the usual OS X page https://airvpn.org/macosx

Implementation of total leaks prevention is also planned in the next release.

However we do not force to use our own software, although it is free and open source. Any customer is free to run any favorite solution. This is extremely important.

Tunnelblick is a good OpenVPN GUI/wrapper for OS X. It is open source as well and we do not understand your reference to "endless configuration". Anyone should be able to configure Tunnelblick in a minute, all in all it's just a matter of copy & paste and double-clicks.

Kind regards

I'm really interested in DNS Leak prevention in the EDDIE client, as I'm currently leaking. Do you've any ETA for next release?

I'm really interested in DNS Leak prevention in the EDDIE client, as I'm currently leaking. Do you've any ETA for next release?

Hello!

The DNS leaks prevention is and was available. It has been implemented since release 2.1 months ago.

Kind regards

Hello!

The DNS leaks prevention is and was available. It has been implemented since release 2.1 months ago.

Kind regards

Hum, is it available? I'm using the client on Ubuntu 14.04 and I still get DNS Leaks. How come?

Also, What I originally meant was DNS leak block super-force-field shield... thingie.. No idea what's that called, a system that blocks traffic when DNS leaks.

Hello!

There are no DNS leaks on Linux. You should check your /etc/resolv.conf file or change the DNS settings in Eddie. If you have resolvconf installed try "ResolvConf" method, otherwise select "Renaming".

Those options are available on the "DNS Switch Mode" combo box in "Advanced" tab. You can access the "Advanced" tab by clicking "AirVPN" button and then selecting "Preferences".

Kind regards

Just purchased a new subscription downloaded the osx app crashed my computer 3 times. (osx 10.6.8) Viscosity used to run ok but now does not connect. 

Just purchased a new subscription downloaded the osx app crashed my computer 3 times. (osx 10.6.8) Viscosity used to run ok but now does not connect. 

Hello!

Eddie is developed for Mavericks. Upgrade to Mavericks is free. If you don't want to upgrade you can anyway use Tunnelblick, a free and open source OpenVPN wrapper for OS X (see instructions on the usual OS X instructions page), or Viscosity (a commercial, closed-source OpenVPN wrapper).

Kind regards

I put in a separate entry earlier today because I could not get the Mac client to work... I now see here that is was designed for Mavericks. That's very nice, but are you aware of how many people cannot go to mavericks? I am on an older version of MacOSX because my old MacPro cannot go to Mavericks and I don't feel like spending money to replace a perfectly tuned box. Please make the client backward compatible...

I put in a separate entry earlier today because I could not get the Mac client to work... I now see here that is was designed for Mavericks. That's very nice, but are you aware of how many people cannot go to mavericks? I am on an older version of MacOSX because my old MacPro cannot go to Mavericks and I don't feel like spending money to replace a perfectly tuned box. Please make the client backward compatible...

Hello!

This will not happen, we're sorry, but don't worry: there are good OpenVPN wrappers for older OS X versions (or you can run OpenVPN directly).

Kind regards

Hello!

This will not happen, we're sorry, but don't worry: there are good OpenVPN wrappers for older OS X versions (or you can run OpenVPN directly).

Kind regards

Now you tell me! Nothing on the download page. Nothing in the installer. Nothing in the app itself to keep it from appearing to lauch. another hour down the drain. you might be surprised how many of your Mac users are not going to upgrade beyond 10.6.8 any time soon.

Now you tell me! Nothing on the download page. Nothing in the installer. Nothing in the app itself to keep it from appearing to lauch. another hour down the drain. you might be surprised how many of your Mac users are not going to upgrade beyond 10.6.8 any time soon.

Hello!

Instructions for Tunnelblick are in the OS X instructions page. To OS X users, we have also been providing since a long ago a re-compiled OpenVPN version.

Kind regards

I just downloaded Eddie.  Seems to work very well so far.  

Just one question:

For 'Network Lock', am I supposed to click on the said menu item in the Advanced section of the preferences?  Or do I click OSX-PF.

I saw the FAQ, but I couldn't understand it...

Hello!

Instructions for Tunnelblick are in the OS X instructions page. To OS X users, we have also been providing since a long ago a re-compiled OpenVPN version.

Kind regards

I know there are instructions for Tunnelblick, I've been using it since the beginning. What I meant was there was nothing telling me not to bother to try to use Eddie.

I just downloaded Eddie.  Seems to work very well so far.  

Just one question:

For 'Network Lock', am I supposed to click on the said menu item in the Advanced section of the preferences?  Or do I click OSX-PF.

I saw the FAQ, but I couldn't understand it...

OK, figured it out by myself. 

Cheers

Just like to add that Eddie (the AirVPN client), v 2.7, runs great on my Mac with OS X Yosemite.

To enable Network Lock (ie disable any network access unless you're going through an AirVPN server), you go in the menu bar, AirVPN -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network Lock, choose the mode (I believe "Auto" and "OS X - PF" are the same, so just chose one of them), and Save.

Then, in the App, on the "Overview" tab, where you have the "Connect" button, you have another big button to enable Network Lock. Just hit it, and your machine doesn't connect to the web unless through the VPN. Works very seamlessly.

(Eddie creates a custom pf.conf file, which you can see in ~/.airvpn. The default one (when Network Lock is off) is in "/etc/pf.conf". See "man pf.conf" for an explanation of the format)

I use tunnel block and am not upgradeing to past snow lep. Why? because I consider every thing beyond this completely compromised. You are force to use tails or something.

Any way I  fround some programs can be locked to the openvpn and you can route trought them. Its a cludge but will do for now

Just like to add that Eddie (the AirVPN client), v 2.7, runs great on my Mac with OS X Yosemite.

To enable Network Lock (ie disable any network access unless you're going through an AirVPN server), you go in the menu bar, AirVPN -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network Lock, choose the mode (I believe "Auto" and "OS X - PF" are the same, so just chose one of them), and Save.

Then, in the App, on the "Overview" tab, where you have the "Connect" button, you have another big button to enable Network Lock. Just hit it, and your machine doesn't connect to the web unless through the VPN. Works very seamlessly.

(Eddie creates a custom pf.conf file, which you can see in ~/.airvpn. The default one (when Network Lock is off) is in "/etc/pf.conf". See "man pf.conf" for an explanation of the format)

I second that.  One of the best/easiest apps from a vpn service that I have tried to date (I've tried 4 and some were a nightmare).  I am running Yosemite on a MacPro 2008 without issue, so a little surprised that earlier MacPro's can't run it (the earliest MacPro was only 2 years before mine, didn't think it would have changed that much?)