Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.21.86
Admiral_Peanuts

Cannot Open Port via TCP (Despite Port Forwarding)

I have just started using AirVPN and have attempted to forward ports in order to increase the speed of my downloads on MuTorrent. I have used the Port Forwarding feature, allowed the port to be chosen for me (have not specified the port) and have selected both TCP and UDP as the relevant protocols. When testing the port via the Port Listener tool, I have discovered that, while the port is open to UDP, it is not open to TCP. I was wondering if there was anything I could do about this or if it even matters.

Download something and see if any peer gets an I flag. It means Incoming Connection and won't appear without an open port.

As far as I know, P2P connections are always UDP.

By the way, MuTorrent is a fairly uncommon name for μTorrent (although some people pronounce it that way) and I first wondered whether it's a new client I never heard of.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Download something and see if any peer gets an I flag. It means Incoming Connection and won't appear without an open port.

As far as I know, P2P connections are always UDP.

Hi,

they can be TCP as well. uTorrent supports both. Maybe UDP is preferred when sending out packets (unsure about that)? Note: it is not possible to provide in a web site a fully reliable, working with any application UDP port checker for some technical reasons (consequence of the nature of UDP, connectionless), for that our port checker only tests in TCP.

Kind regards