Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.27.122
TechnIx

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

While http://abc.net.au/iview is reachable, an Australian connection is needed to view most of the videos on the iView player. I live in Australia so I only have to disconnect my VPN if I want to use it, but there are definitely people who travel overseas from Aus and try to watch shows with it but are denied.

Obviously this will require an Australian server in the server listing but hopefully that's not far off! Not that anyone would want to connect to an Aus server for anything else, thanks to the looming data retention laws on the way (which is actually why I recently signed up to AirVPN).

While http://abc.net.au/iview is reachable, an Australian connection is needed to view most of the videos on the iView player. I live in Australia so I only have to disconnect my VPN if I want to use it, but there are definitely people who travel overseas from Aus and try to watch shows with it but are denied.

Obviously this will require an Australian server in the server listing but hopefully that's not far off! Not that anyone would want to connect to an Aus server for anything else, thanks to the looming data retention laws on the way (which is actually why I recently signed up to AirVPN).

I have a paid subscription to the Sydney Morning Herald online (www.smh.com.au) and sometimes I surf to the ABC. I am unable to view some of the Herald video content, and I believe that is because I am not requesting it from within Australia.

I would definitely second an AirVPN server within Australia. For me this is one of the few downsides in an otherwise great VPN service.

I have a paid subscription to the Sydney Morning Herald online (www.smh.com.au) and sometimes I surf to the ABC. I am unable to view some of the Herald video content, and I believe that is because I am not requesting it from within Australia.

I would definitely second an AirVPN server within Australia. For me this is one of the few downsides in an otherwise great VPN service.

Suggested already, not the best place for privacy.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Suggested already, not the best place for privacy.

Maybe an AU routing server is a intermediate solution for that.

Staff liked it. It's proven.

Congratulations, warriors! You made it happen

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

A VPN server in Australia is not planned at all.

Really? Then why is IP/DNS Detect page showing "Australia/New South Wales" as my IP addy & DNS?

A VPN server in Australia is not planned at all.

Really? Then why is IP/DNS Detect page showing "Australia/New South Wales" as my IP addy & DNS?

Old geoIP Database. Visual Traceroute will give you a clue

Hello!

A VPN server in Australia is not planned at all, but we will have a micro-routing server in the near future for some Australian geo-restricted services.

Kind regards

Hi, is there any update / ETA for this to occur pls?

Hi from NSW. I'm using Slimjet Version 6.0.1.0 (based on Chromium 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)) in Linux Mint x64 17.2 KDE. Once i disable the uBlock Origin extension at your page i can activate the player plugin, & the video just begins to play but then immediately halts with this error message overlaid; "Sorry, due to publishing rights, the content you are trying to watch is currently not available outside Australia". Furthermore, re your iView comment, i can watch some iView content, but certainly some of it also gets blocked for me for the same reason. Clearly we need some Oz servers in the AirVPN stable... IMO.

iview works fine..except for news 24 live streams

they show the play button and that's it

why dont u try a new browser to see if its just slimjet?

I have never been able to watch either SBS on Demand or iView. Nitehawk, can you tell us what servers you are using for iView? Can anyone who watches SBS on demand say what servers they are on? thanks

Am currently connected to Spica Toronto Canada [again, from within NSW], Same HW+OS environment as per my last post, but this time these results are for Chrome browser [ugh], running inside a Linux Mint Cinnamon x64 17.2 VM:

1. http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/324933699785/sin-city = identical error msg as per my previous post.
  2. http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/please-like-me/CO1406V006S00#playing = plays... it has nasty audio/video mis-synch, hence i can't stand actually watching like this, but i suspect main problem might be interaction of my VM guest with my host OS, rather than AirVPN per se [???].

Hence, IMO wrt SBS On-Demand, we still need an Oz server [or some cunning technological equivalent].

hi Ocelot

maybe try on a diffrent browser

what browser u use right now?

i use firefox mainly for most stuff..

ok with iview i use any server and it just double routes through the aussie server..im on a canadian server right now and when i tracert iview look at this

the magic of 10.4.0.1  

Tracing route to iview.abc.net.au [202.59.50.33]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   242 ms   233 ms   234 ms  10.4.0.1
  2   476 ms   479 ms   475 ms  10.119.0.1
  3   476 ms   476 ms   476 ms  125.63.60.254
  4   476 ms   476 ms   476 ms  ge1-11-242.cor3.syd7.cine.net.au [210.5.35.38]
  5   482 ms   616 ms   482 ms  as9667.sydney.megaport.com [103.26.68.81]
  6   476 ms   476 ms   477 ms  202.59.63.161
  7     *     ^C

the high ping times dont make it any worse for viewing

ok the only issues i have with iview is cannot stream News 24 which is basically a live stream off the iview website...

and yeah SBS has been a no go for a while now..never loads or plays a show.

ah a trace shows why..its not doublehopped..we really need an aussie server..god i know it goes against everything air stands for but an aussie server with no torrents allowed i think people would appreciate that.. as every other server u can torrent from

would help a lotta xpats also im betting

trace to SBS

Tracing route to sbs.com.au [103.21.111.1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   233 ms   232 ms   233 ms  10.4.0.1
  2   232 ms   233 ms   233 ms  104.254.90.185
  3   232 ms   233 ms   233 ms  104.254.93.21
  4   234 ms   233 ms   233 ms  te0-3-0-10.201.ccr22.yyz02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.157.57]
  5   240 ms   241 ms   241 ms  be2597.ccr22.cle04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31.89]
  6   248 ms   248 ms   249 ms  be2718.ccr42.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.129]
  7   261 ms   261 ms   260 ms  be2157.ccr22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.117]
  8   270 ms   269 ms   270 ms  be2433.ccr22.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.3.213]
  9   275 ms   275 ms   276 ms  be2443.ccr22.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.229]
 10   312 ms   315 ms   311 ms  be2066.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.54]
 11   312 ms   312 ms   312 ms  be2017.rcr21.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.237]
 12   314 ms   310 ms   311 ms  38.88.197.114
 13   436 ms   437 ms   452 ms  bundle-101.cor01.lax01.ca.VOCUS.net [114.31.199.60]
 14   435 ms   436 ms   435 ms  bundle-100.cor02.lax01.ca.VOCUS.net [114.31.199.49]
 15   446 ms   436 ms   436 ms  bundle-200.cor01.akl05.akl.VOCUS.net.nz [114.31.202.46]
 16   435 ms   434 ms   435 ms  bundle-50.cor01.alb01.akl.VOCUS.net.nz [114.31.202.86]
 17   458 ms   434 ms   434 ms  ten-1-0-0.bdr01.alb01.akl.VOCUS.net.nz [114.31.202.39]
 18   435 ms   437 ms   434 ms  103.21.111.1

Trace complete.

Hey nitehawk, thanks a bunch for that. I was accessing via app for iPad, so via Safari mobile. Absolutely no go. However, a couple of days ago I downloaded Firefox for iPad, and I had no trouble accessing via Firefox. Joy!!!

But yeah, Aussie expats kinda cop it .... *sigh*

oh u using ipad and not a PC or lappy..

that woulda been good to know

i use the iview app on iphone no worries

Hi, Nitehawk. Still no go for me. Won't work via iPad app ( and in fact, I also just tried via Firefox browser on iPad, which I thought was a goer last time I checked, and it wouldn't run). Then I tried laptop. Won't run, but probably it's merely a case of my not having Flash installed. iView seems to require Flash. Are you running Flash? How does it run on your iPhone? I thought Apple's mobile devices didn't run Flash at all?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I I tend not to complain at all because I know there are plenty of people with plenty way bigger issues than mine to resolve..but yeah, to be honest, I do sometimes feel like I'm being ignored. If the issue really bugs you, probably a support ticket is the way to go. I wouldn't be expecting staff to have the time to focus heavily on every comment made in the forums. If you get any joy, let me know -I'll owe you a beer!

well emailed support. its good too feel ignored. by support and staff

is the iview app working for u ocelot?