Not connected, Your IP: 54.160.243.44

I've been having trouble for the last few days attempting to connect to BBC iPlayer. (Specifically streaming Dragons Den Episode 3). I have attempted the four UK servers with no luck. It's been working for the last few years with no problem but something seems to have changed.... 

I could do it yesterday. But BBC seems to blocked the "secret" proxy AirVPN have been routing iPlayer traffic through. I am afraid BBC will probably find any new one AirVPN sets up quickly now too.

Sigh.

I have an old account which has a few months left with another VPN, servers banned with them also. Looks like the Beeb is trying to ban all VPNs, like Hulu did awhile back.

I'm having problems too. Two days ago, BBC News live worked just fine over the VPN, but since yesterday it has refused to work.

Would be great if this could be resolved!

The BBC iPlayer can't play if I connect to any AirVPN server outside the UK. Today 29/9/14. The error is like "This content doesn't seem to be working".

The BBC iPlayer can't play if I connect to any AirVPN server outside the UK. Today 29/9/14. The error is like "This content doesn't seem to be working".

It works for me.

Do you know that you have to use AirVPN-s DNS in order for this work?

Yes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it giver the error "This content doesn't seem to be working". It's not an error related to being outside the UK (which is a different message).

Yes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it giver the error "This content doesn't seem to be working". It's not an error related to being outside the UK (which is a different message).

So maybe BBC is having issues? Bandwidth limits?

I rarely actually watch in a browser. I download to a file using get_iplayer, and watch later. On the rare occasions I try to watch as it streams, it is always pretty much unusable. And when I download, the time it takes to download is much longer that the running time. Sometimes even three hours or so for one hour of 720p video. And sometimes get_iplayer just gives up and says try the download again. But overall I am still pretty happy with the access I get.

Good luck.

I had problems in the past  too, but all works great now.Just wanted to say it's get-iplayer not get_iplayer in case anyone else tries to find it. Download from Linx command line, then get-iplayer "Title of program" , read the number, e.g, 342,  then:   get-iplayer --get 342.

I've just started seeing that BBC iPlayer does not work when connected to AirVPN again

All I get from them is "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again", hopefully this can be resolved soon!

For me it always works when I connect on UK servers. But the connection to UK servers are unstable from my endpoint.

Works for me too. But I download rather than watch while streaming because BBC is so unstable (or overloaded?) lately. I use get_iPlayer to download, which takes bit of learning. But the iPlayer downloader/player that BBC provides works pretty well. It had 30 day retention the last time I used it. BBC points out on their web site that their downloader may be helpful to overcome frustrations with  streaming.

Same problem when connected to Alkaid. "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again" which is a Flash message, and right clicking gets the error message.

Error code : 3024
Severity : critical
Description : All net connections failed
Responsibility : Application

Same problem when connected to Alkaid. "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again" which is a Flash message, and right clicking gets the error message.

Error code : 3024

Severity : critical

Description : All net connections failed

Responsibility : Application

Forgot to add, this only happens on "Live" broadcasts, previously broadcast iplayer shows work fine.

Im sure I posted here before but my post seems to have gone missing.

So here it is again is it common to have problems with VM BBC Iplayer HD content seems to stutter to the point I cant watch it and same goes for SD although not as much.

Ive been using my smart tv to watch Iplayer stuff and dont have any problems