Not connected, Your IP: 34.228.168.200
freeworld

torrent problem UDP block?

I havent been able to DL any torrents that have UDP trackers/connections.  did airvpn block all UDP traffic?

Hello!

No, we don't block UDP, we do not discriminate protocols or applications and we do not monitor traffic.

Kind regards

Thx for quick reply.  Anybody have any suggestions?  No torrents work in utorrent that are connecting to UDP trackers i've tried over 30 different torrents all the trackers say time out.

Also, they all work when i am not connected to airvpn.

Kuma, electra, Librae, sirius,  I also just went through and hit 2 candian servers Dhneb same problem but they started working immediately on Cephei.

I double checked by going back to kuma and librae and wouldnt work on those servers again back to Cephei and they started right up.

I tried torrents with magnet links and actual torrent files

they all come back with connection timed out.

open.demonii.com

tracker.istole.it

tracker.openbittorrent.com

tracker.publicbt.com

exodus.1337x.org/announce

10.rarbg.com

tracker.ccc.de

open.demonii.com

tracker.istole.it

tracker.openbittorrent.com

tracker.publicbt.com

exodus.1337x.org/announce

10.rarbg.com

tracker.ccc.de

These trackers are called public and they are known for blocking proxies/VPN providers.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Yes, what gigan3rd writes is correct. Some trackers administrators block entire datacenters in an attempt to mitigate trolling from copyright trolls. Nowadays trackers have become a burden and a problem under this aspect, they are perfect for copyright trolls and IP harvesting.

Please use DHT and PEX which make trackers useless.

Kind regards

Well, I have DHT and Pex neither of which work.  There seems to be some sort of worldwide block on airvpn servers, i spent 2hr this morning going through over dozen airvpn servers and none anywhere worked with any torrent.

As a last ditch effort does anybody have any suggestions for me?  I love airvpn, however this issue means i will not be renewing my sub and will be lookin at alternate vpn providers.  While this issue is probably also a problem at other providers a couple have told me they rotate their server IPs so that there are always some servers that are not blocked.

One thought: Maybe once a month I have an issue with my torrent client, Utorrent. I just change the port the torrent client is using in Utorrent settings and its back to working.

One thought: Maybe once a month I have an issue with my torrent client, Utorrent. I just change the port the torrent client is using in Utorrent settings and its back to working.

i did try another port, but thing is it works immediatly w/o problem when not connected to airvpn servers, so i dont know wut to do.

I found that some of the dutch servers work perfectly for torrenting for me, while some don't.

Currently connected to Nekkar (NL) and this one works for me. Try it out!

DHT/LPD/PEX work good for me on all german servers. My tracker, too.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am having a similar issue with trackers not connecting using any USA server.  Off VPN and using European servers I am able to connect to trackers.  Was there a change in policy no longer allowing bit torrent protocol on USA servers?

Hi,

I had the same problem for many days, tried different server - trackers still "can't connect"

Today I updated my torrent-client (transmission @ raspberry pi) to version 2.82 -> everything works like charm, amazing DL-Speeds.

Maybe the trackers block old(er) clients?

Some older versions of clients don"t have UDP support  (ie: uTorrent didn't add it  until version 2.0.0). Nowadays it's more unlikely, but still possible.

I am also having the same issue using US servers. I can connect fine to trackers when not using the VPN, and when in vpn I can 'nc -vv -zu tracker.openbittorrent.com 80' and connect fine, but no love through any airvpn server.

Admin: This isn't on the tracker side because I can connect using the command line while connected to the VPN. DHT and PEX are useless except for a few torrents and only even then I can only get a handfull of peers, suggesting them is not a fix for airvpn network issues.

@splatter

DHT is a complete replacement for trackers and it is of course to be strongly preferred over trackers because it solves one the major problems of bittorrent (centralization due to trackers). We don't know why you find issues with DHT, try to boost peer discovery with PEX.

On which VPN servers do you experience the problem you report?

Kind regards

I have the same problem. My utorrent client cannot seem to connect with any trackers. I'm using NL server ACRUX.

DHT and PEX works fine, but i'm struggling to find the right torrents for this method.

Same here:

openbittorrent

istole.it

publicbt

demonii

All are blocked on Antares (Singapore). istole.it and Demonii worked fine until about a week ago.

DHT and PEX do work, albeit slowly and for well-seeded torrents, but I find that they tend not to work when DLing torrents with few seeds.

I have to put myself on the list as well - was on vacation for a few days and since my return no luck with torrent downloading (openbittorrent, istole.it, publicbt, demonii) on multiple US servers. Was working perfectly before. I have to specify though downloads do start at one - after a long wait - point in Transmission with DHT and PEX but not so on my Mediacenter which has a built in torrent client where I don't have controll over DHT and PEX.

Is there anything we can do to get this working again?

I have to put myself on the list as well - was on vacation for a few days and since my return no luck with torrent downloading (openbittorrent, istole.it, publicbt, demonii) on multiple US servers. Was working perfectly before. I have to specify though downloads do start at one - after a long wait - point in Transmission with DHT and PEX but not so on my Mediacenter which has a built in torrent client where I don't have controll over DHT and PEX.

Is there anything we can do to get this working again?

Hello,

try servers in Canada, the likelihood that trackers administrators block them is significantly lower than it is with USA servers.

Kind regards

After 12 months, and a fresh renewal, I am now no longer able to torrent from public trackers as well as TD whilst connected to airvpn.

If I disconnect from airvpn, all ok.

Using transmission on linux. What gives? Is there any new blocking of trackers that I could be made aware of?

Which servers are you trying to use?

I been reading complaints about the servers in the USA.

I am not familiar with Linux.

Could be network lock/firewall rules.

I'm using a linux VM and qbittorrent and torrents are working just fine in the USA.  doesn't matter what port I use.  I don't use uTP.

I only scanned over the trackers you were using and know some of the ones you were using to be fine over airvpn.

It may be worth you keeping track of something like https://kat.cr/community/show/trackers-avoid-found-problem-tracker-post-it-here-list-added/ (Admin pls delete if not allowed)

On KAT is also a list of good trackers thread. (search forum user pringlescan)

I've never known *udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce* to have an issue on any vpn. Ofc you can't add that to a pre existing torrent but if creating your own it's a contender for top spot.

I would also disable local peer discovery in your torrent client.

I'm using transmission on Ubuntu/mint and have few issues, though I use European airvpn servers