Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.203.67
Sign in to follow this  
xman111

Using DNS to unblock Netflix US

Hey guys, just on a trial here, this is what i want to accomplish..

I live in Canada and me and my kids want to watch Netflix US. Can i use the DNS servers of AirVPN to bypass that without sending all our devices (Smarttv, Roku, PS3, etc) through the VPN?  like a smart dns service?  

any help would be much appreciated.

I second the question/request. It would be great if we could just use custom DNS addresses to enter into for exemple an Apple TV in order to access US Netflix without having to suffer the slower speeds of a VPN router.

Answering as just a user of the service here.

As far as I know, Air's DNS servers are only accessible when you are connected via Air's VPN service, so no.

The only obvious way to use Air in that way would seem to be setting up a router to run a VPN client, and then only having the traffic from one of the (wired) network ports go through the VPN - if that is possible to set up without losing your sanity - and then connect your computer/whatever to that port.

But on the other hand I don't see any obvious disadvantage in using a Canadian server and having all traffic go through the VPN. (Yes, this should work even for US Netflix as I understand it.) I use my main computer to shove all network traffic through an Air server, and haven't had any real trouble in doing so. It might even be useful for privacy in general...

Hello!

mage1982 is right.

We just wish to add that we are focused on VPN services at the moment, so we have no immediate plans to provide a public DNS service.

Kind regards