Not connected, Your IP: 3.87.133.69

New Server Location: Estonia?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a new server or servers located in Estonia would be a worthwhile addition to Air's service?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

I am writing to request a new server or servers in Estonia.

A server in Estonia would be a great addition, as Estonia has excellent online freedom.

Please see the links below for more info.

What are your thoughts about my suggestion?

Feel free to reply and/or answer the poll.

I can see the logic and have no objection in principle. I guess my comment would be that it depends on what you want the VPN for. If you are not concerned with anonymity, but really are more focused on security/ privacy, your interest would be more on having access to more local servers than worrying about the internet freedom of where the servers are based. If you live in New Zealand or Australia, for example, you would not be better served by having another European based server. Personally, I find that the only server that connects me with reliably sound speeds is Hadar. Singapore is OK, but less consistently so. All the other servers, including the American ones, have a big impact on download speed. So, personally, I would be much more excited about having more Asian based servers than one in Estonia. I am also still hurting from the loss of Sador. I used it a lot to get around Spanish geoblocking.

But I do understand that Sador wasn't up to standard, and that Asian countries may not be able to meet the rigorous standards demanded by AirVPN. We can't all get what we want!

Hi,

I agree with Ocelot that Asia is unquestionably poorly served when compared to Europe and North America. I can't vouch for online freedom of individual countries in Asia but I would have thought that places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam aren't that restrictive and have the infrastructure to meet AirVPN's regulatory and performance standards. Hadar is the only decent Asian server AirVPN offers for the whole of Asia. So while another server in Europe may be the obvious choice from my own experience talking to Australians and Kiwis, AirVPN's lack of Asian focus means they're not even on the list, let alone on the short list. For them and for many other Asians it's irrelevant how great AirVPN's service is - it's simply not serving the Asia region well enough. I think that should be AirVPN's priority.

BTW, I think the same argument could be made for South America, perhaps even more strongly.

places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam aren't that restrictive .

Quite the opposite.

Vietnam's rank on the internet freedom scale: 7th worst.

http://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net-2013-global-scores

Indonesia "Partly Free", 41/100 negative points

Malaysia, "Partly Free", 44/100 negative points

Vietnam, "Not Free", 75/100 negative points

States that not only monitor but also rigorously censor the internet, like Vietnam does, don't seem like suitable locations for AirVPN.

I'm actually surprised to see that AirVPN is able to run servers in Singapore, a notoriously Orwellian state:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/07/29/the_social_laboratory_singapore_surveillance_state

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Singapore#Internet

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

If more servers in Asia are needed, here are some possible countries (freest in Asia according to Freedom House's Freedom on the Net report):

Japan

Australia

Philippines

New Zealand

I would like to hear an official comment from Staff about Singapore.

Japan has pretty strict (though questionably enforced) snooping policies at least for residential broadband.  I'm not sure how servers in datacenters are regulated.

I think a Vladivostok server as I think I said earlier would be pretty ideal for those in Asia.

I think eastern europe is pretty well covered with Ukraine, Romania, Sweden and Germany

Would prefer server in south america or Afrika
or somewhere in the south west pacific

Almost every single one of AirVPN's servers are in the heart of Five Eyes. How about adding a server from South America or Russia?

A could be wrong but might be hard for Air to find a provider in South America with boxes with 1g pipes and the right terms for a reasonable amount, last I looked sometime last year even 100mb unmetered was pretty pricey in most of S.Am, in comparison to north america and europe anyway. 

+1 for the Russian suggestion though.

-10 for Russia.

---

What you don't like a little variaity in those that are trying to raid and snoop on yah?   /s

(i read the link from jan, I get it)

I can get even more ridiculous: The choice doesn't matter if the outcome is the same... no offense, AirVPN.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

What's wrong with mandatory data retention for Russian ISP customers and having bloggers with other 3000 readers register their name and address with the government, while promising not to post anything "inaccurate"?

*ducks*

I don't know If I have to create a thread for this but I think that adding No-EU servers near EU for EU users should be a great Idea because we only have one server in  Switzerlad and the speed is not really good (compared to Netherland).  Liechtenstein is a great country

I don't know If I have to create a thread for this but I think that adding No-EU servers near EU for EU users should be a great Idea because we only have one server in  Switzerlad and the speed is not really good (compared to Netherland).  Liechtenstein is a great country

I think its a good idea to have more servers just outside the eu.for instance Norway or an extra server in Switserland.

Gr,

Sorry for the necropost. Did we ever get any response to any additional servers on other threads? I do want to have Philippines and Japan added as well.

Sorry for the necropost. Did we ever get any response to any additional servers on other threads? I do want to have Philippines and Japan added as well.

Hello!

Keep an eye on the announcement forum and not least the client, if you're using Eddie, as it's updated automatically with the new locations. You'll see:

That should be the whole thread answered . In other news, full IPv6 support and tls-crypt are coming to all servers soon too.

Otherwise I don't think there's been any Staff posts on this issue: Staff do not usually discuss new locations, before they actually announce them.

In the Guides Section in the link in my signature, you can find posts about other locations, as well as Airs location policy. 

But as you can see, this thread is so old that quite a lot has changed. Please check the announcements forum and/or your client next time, before you ask.

Locked.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.