Not connected, Your IP: 44.202.90.91
Sign in to follow this  
psychlops

Happy customer!

I've been using iPredator for the last couple of years, but my speeds have been dropping for a while, and finally got to the point where I had to contact them and ask what was wrong. After a couple of half-hearted emails, only one of which addressed my problem, they stopped replying.

Then, a few days ago, their servers went out for over 36hrs (for me, at least), and there was no word at all from them. They own their own servers, all in Sweden, because they only offer Swedish IP's and when their servers go down, so does their website and blog. They have a Twitter feed, but there was no word from them there and I had no idea if they'd ever come back online. When they finally did, it was with the same, slow speeds.

I just got fed up, and even though I still have a couple of months left on my subscription with them, I decided to change.

You got high reviews from a number of review sites, and came recommended by a couple of friends, so I signed up yesterday and I'm very happy. I'm getting twice the speeds that I got with iPredator, and I've only tried a couple of nodes.  The internet is fun again! 

Glad you are getting better speeds with AirVPN. Even if you do face issue in the future, there is an active community on the forums as well as well-documented steps to help diagnose and resolve it. Also the AirVPN staff is very active on the forums. This for me was the deciding factor that led to me to switch to Air, before my existing subscription with another provider was over. It also helps that their latest client is very easy to use and doesn't cause additional headaches unlike my previous provider's client Incase you aren't already using the latest Eddie 2.2 client, you can find the download links here - https://airvpn.org/topic/11818-eddie-22beta-available/

Thank you both. I've only been using AirVPN for a couple of days, but I'm getting consistently 3x the speed I was getting with iPred, and that's no exaggeration. And that's using servers on a different continent. I get even faster speeds using "local" servers, but I'd rather sacrifice a little speed for security.

As for Eddie, I'm on a Mac, OSX, and although a new beta was just released, I think I'll wait a little and see what a few of the early adopters have to say. I used to be one myself, but I've grown a bit tired of troubleshooting lately. In the meantime, I'm having great results with Viscosity, so I'll just enjoy my trouble-free, fast, reliable connections for now.    

I am looking forward to a stable Eddie, though. That will make something that's already easy even easier.

I have tried many different vpn services and so far Airvpn is the absolute best vpn I have tried. Very happy with the service. Have also recommended Airvpn to many people on various forums and to friends.

New customer since 15 days ago. I am still testing airvpn, before buy a 1yr subscription. Excellent service, fast and reliable.

- Router/Firewall pfSense 23.01 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11320H @ 3.20GHz)

- Switch Cisco SG350-10

- AP Netgear RAX200 (Stock FW)

- NAS Synology DS1621+ (5 x 5TB WD Red)

- ISP: Fiber 1000/300 (PPPoE)