Possible Iceland Server Poll

Icelandic OpenVPN Server  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is having one a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

"You do not have permission to vote in this poll."

???

Well, I guess I have to vote 'YES' by saying it here. So, YES, server in Iceland would be nice.

The definition of "New Member" is Number of forum posts < 5 regardless of time, probably introduced to all polls because of the project funding polls in No-Profit. "New" members cannot vote, and this might apply to every poll.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

It would be nice to see a new server location. Maybe AirVPN could experiment with one and see how things go with the hosting company and it's users. Hopefully one day!

I read somewhere that bandwidth and traffic is very expensive in Iceland. Maybe this could be something that puts AIR off from getting a server there.

Hello !

I don't see why AirVPN shouldn't :]. Maybe just a small capacity server to start things off? Haha. Then they can perhaps gauge interest.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Air gives excellent service at an excellent price point...i.e. really good value. It sounds like Iceland would be an excellent addition; as long as it fits in Air's overall budget.

I think that a server in Iceland would be a great addition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5057472.jpg

Indeed, but just imagine the irony of Icelandic servers succumbing to a coldboot attack.

Incredible right?

I've never heard AirVPN talk about protections against such attacks, while another VPN provider couldn't stress it enough; so they ran their servers in RAM or something.

But still, coldboot attack on an Icelandic server would be pretty funny; if you have poor humor like me.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Like your photo, LZ!....but......a cold boot attack is against RAM....sooo.....a cold boot attack against a RAM based server could cough up the entire server along with the key the to decrypt it. But since the server doesn't retain any data, they wouldn't be getting anything. But afterwards they could console themselves with a cooked sheep's head....think that's an Icelandic equivalent of McDogals

Usually, like Brad, I connect to  internet with my brain. It works rather well but I get cracklings between ears, my eyes turn white  and I lose datas.
So I also think adding a server in Iceland would be a good thing, especially because I use Linux and love pinguins

5057472.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, but just imagine the irony of Icelandic servers succumbing to a coldboot attack.

Incredible right?

I've never heard AirVPN talk about protections against such attacks, while another VPN provider couldn't stress it enough; so they ran their servers in RAM or something.

But still, coldboot attack on an Icelandic server would be pretty funny; if you have poor humor like me.

This thread seems to be a magnet for necromancers (zombied not once, but twice!) and crazies...

It's funny how DataCell claims to provide "ethical hosting" while they are using Apple computers for their servers.

That wouldn't really make a difference what brand of servers they use.

Wrong. Apple computers are assembled in China under so poor conditions, that workers constantly try to commit suicide there.

Usually, like Brad, I connect to  internet with my brain. It works rather well but I get cracklings between ears, my eyes turn white  and I lose datas.

So I also think adding a server in Iceland would be a good thing, especially because I use Linux and love pinguins

Incredible right?

But seriously, three years later, where are we on the Icelandic servers?