Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.93.133
chrisus

BBC inlayer will not admit from these servers

I was previously able to stream iPlayer from my seedbox too, which has a UK IP address. This also stopped working today.

Carinae still works. But for how long? The other UK servers do not.

Streaming BBC iPlayer from Firefox using servers like Castor works (if you use AirVPN DNS).

However, I like to use get_iplayer to download to a file and watch later. I was previously able to use get_iplayer from my seedbox too. Although streaming BBC iPlayer from Firefox using servers like Castor works (if you use AirVPN DNS), get_iplayer will not work in the same circumstances. It chokes once you start downloading a file with rtmpdump. So Caraninae is my only choice. And I suspect it will be blocked too.

It appears that BBC, like Hullu before it, is attempting to prevent access from outside the UK.

I am contemplating getting a low end box with an IP address in the UK and using get_iplayer from that. It may be too much to expect AirVPN to worry specifically about get_iplayer. Or am I wrong?

Hi  NoDre,

i only use this service to watch the BBC.

What is AirVPN DNS?

"I am contemplating getting a low end box with an IP address in the UK and using get_iplayer from that"

What dose this mean and how do you do it

Thanks for any help

Chrisus

It may be too much to expect AirVPN to worry specifically about get_iplayer. Or am I wrong?

Routing isn't a simple job.

Normally if a TV has its own IP range (for example BBC) we route the entire range to an accepted exit-routing-server.

But in many cases it isn't so simple, many services use distributed CDN systems (like Akamai), so we need to investigate (we do it by manually analysing traffic with WireShark) and route specific domain gateway used by CDN.

So, it's possible that sometimes we miss some route.

It might be occurring for example if CDN uses different gateways for Flash and Silverlight, and we test/discover only Flash.

Or, simply, if CDN changes something.

We just added some routing rules for BBC.UK, we just tested ./get_iplayer --type=livetv --get "BBC Two" from Castor and now it works.

If you still have issues with get_iplayer, please provide us with the exact command-line, which may include a specific codec mode.

i only use this service to watch the BBC.

What is AirVPN DNS?

You should read pages here about stopping "DNS leaks". For example:

/specs/

/topic/9289-dns-leaks-and-how-to-fix-them/?do=findComment&comment=11603

/topic/9787-the-pros-and-the-cons/?do=findComment&comment=11501

"I am contemplating getting a low end box with an IP address in the UK and using get_iplayer from that"

What dose this mean and how do you do it

There is an industry selling very limited capacity virtual servers for use by those with enough technical knowledge. See for example:

http://lowendbox.com/

The terms of service can be very limited though. Many will drop you immediately if there is any sort of copyright complaint. If not then they want someone to forward notices to. And some say "do not run proxies".

Although I have the know-how, doing this would still be a pain.

It may be too much to expect AirVPN to worry specifically about get_iplayer. Or am I wrong?

We just added some routing rules for BBC.UK, we just tested ./get_iplayer --type=livetv --get "BBC Two" from Castor and now it works.

If you still have issues with get_iplayer, please provide us with the exact command-line, which may include a specific codec mode.

It works for me now downloading a file via Castor. Thank you very, very much!

Hi  NoDre,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am on a Mac computer,and am not to familiar  with the command line.

​I brought this service as it  was not to much of a  hassel to set up( and has  worked flawlessly  for the last one and a half years.)

Reading your links give me goose bumps.

Thanks once again for your time

Chrisus

P,s if they can not fix this dose that mean that no VPN can provide this service?

Hi  NoDre,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I am on a Mac computer,and am not to familiar  with the command line.

​I brought this service as it  was not to much of a  hassel to set up( and has  worked flawlessly  for the last one and a half years.)

Reading your links give me goose bumps.

Thanks once again for your time

Chrisus

P,s if they can not fix this dose that mean that no VPN can provide this service?

There are some threads about stopping leaks on Apple in the how to section:

/forum/15-how-to/

And I have seen others talking about how to do this for MAC-s. But do not use MAC so I cannot help. Perhaps ask for help in some other section, with a self-explanatory subject line to grab the attention of someone who knows about this.

All VPN providers have to react when servers get blocked. New servers. And make it harder for IP address blacklist maintainers to determine the exit IP addresses of servers. It is an on-going struggle. I think AirVPN is about the best. If you get your DNS issue resolved, it should work. Use this link that AirVPN provides to see if you have your DNS set up properly:

http://ipleak.net/

BBC iplayer doesn't work anymore on airvpn - do you know why?

Hello,

it works just fine. Please make sure that you use VPN DNS, otherwise you will not be able to access BBC programs and iPlayer, not even from UK servers.

Kind regards

Hi  NoDre when i use the link about dns leaks this is what I get:-

Your IP Address
84.39.116.180gb.png
United Kingdom 
M247 Ltd - AirVPN Server (Exit) 

Detected DNS Address

84.39.116.180gb.png
United Kingdom 
M247 Ltd - AirVPN Server (Exit) 
If you are now connected to a VPN and between the detected DNS you see your ISP DNS, then your system is leaking DNS requests
Detected Torrent Address

Activate

IP Details Reverse Lookup:   TOR Exit Node: no.png No AirVPN Exit Node: yes.png Yes Net Speed: Unknown Type: AirVPN Server (Exit)   ISP: M247 Ltd Organization: M247 Shared IP Pool ASN: AS9009 M247 Ltd   Country: gb.png United Kingdom (GB) Time Zone: Europe/London

When I then try BBC Iplayer I get :-

BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only.Find out why.

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Once again thank you.

All the other links about Mac are to complicated for me,I do not understand them.

Regards

Chrisus

Hi,

Am connected via NAOS server.

I also cannot use the BBC iplayer

I am using AirVPN DNS of 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1

Should I be doing anything else?

Many thanks.

Hi, the iPlayer now works on Naos.

I did nothing special except power cycle all the equipment.

BBC is playing up again, tried all from the UK with no luck. ITV isn't working either on Nunki at least.

I could do it yesterday. But BBC seems to blocked the "secret" proxy AirVPN have been routing iPlayer traffic through. I am afraid BBC will probably find any new one AirVPN sets up quickly now too.

Sigh.