Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.170.17
ddukes

Linux/Ubuntu Client

Hello,

Does anyone have information on the release of the AirVPN Linux Client beta?  I was told it may be coming out around this time.

Thanks. 

In the Eddie 2.1 beta thread it was mentioned that the next beta was expected in the first week of June so it shouldn't be long now.

Best to keep an eye on the News and Announcements forum.

I am using the Linux Eddie client.  It connects very well BUT it currently does NOT have dropped connection protection.  That feature is still being worked on.

My recommendation:  use the Linux client to connect and then enable ufw (already on most linux distro's) to cover your butt against dns and dropped connections.  If you enable ufw after connecting you are REALLY safe and the client works slick!!!!

I pasted this in a separate thread but you'll see this is really easy and it works without flaw.  If you need any help let us know.  I can't imagine a linux distro that doesn't have ufw.  What Linux flavor are you running?

YOU CANNOT CONNECT THE CLIENT WITH UFW ENABLED FIRST.  Enable ufw after the client connects.

XXXXXXXXXXXX:~$ sudo ufw status verbose
[sudo] password for XXXXXXXX:
Logging: off
Default: deny (incoming), deny (outgoing), disabled (routed)
New profiles: skip

To                         Action      From
--                         ------      ----
Anywhere                   ALLOW OUT   Anywhere on tun0
Anywhere (v6)              ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6) on tun0

Nice to know.

Should be a very easy download if you want to use it.  I still use UFW with the Linux client.  Working slick and full protection between the client and the firewall in tandem.

I am using the Linux Eddie client.  It connects very well BUT it currently does NOT have dropped connection protection.  That feature is still being worked on.

My recommendation:  use the Linux client to connect and then enable ufw (already on most linux distro's) to cover your butt against dns and dropped connections.  If you enable ufw after connecting you are REALLY safe and the client works slick!!!!

I pasted this in a separate thread but you'll see this is really easy and it works without flaw.  If you need any help let us know.  I can't imagine a linux distro that doesn't have ufw.  What Linux flavor are you running?

YOU CANNOT CONNECT THE CLIENT WITH UFW ENABLED FIRST.  Enable ufw after the client connects.

XXXXXXXXXXXX:~$ sudo ufw status verbose

[sudo] password for XXXXXXXX:

Logging: off

Default: deny (incoming), deny (outgoing), disabled (routed)

New profiles: skip

To                         Action      From

--                         ------      ----

Anywhere                   ALLOW OUT   Anywhere on tun0

Anywhere (v6)              ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6) on tun0

I disagree.  My UFW was enabled and the Linux client connected just fine. 

I'm here because the welcome email message said: 

In order to secure your connection against leaks in case of unexpected VPNdisconnection, please refer to the permanent links in the forum page according to yoursystem.

I did not see any permanent links and this is the first thread I found.  Where else should I be looking?  I'm fairly alarmed about the lack of an auto cutoff.  Perhaps examining the Mullvad Linux client would yield some useful coding examples?

Gotta say ..... I'm totally blown away with the quality of this client.  As nice as it is, the lack of an auto disconnect mechanism somewhere would definitely be a deal breaker. 

I disagree.  My UFW was enabled and the Linux client connected just fine.

Can't be done from where I sit.  If UFW allows only tun0 traffic the client would not be able to connect with it UP.  Maybe you don't have UFW restricting to tun0?  Just turning on UFW without the needed rules won't protect you either.  Please look over my simple rules.  They work without fail.

btw  ---- in the near future this won't be necessary as the Air client will eventually take care of it.  I am simply covering my butt for now.