Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.232.228

Hi,

I have noticed today that whenever I connect to AirVPN via Herculis, Furud or Carinae I can not access any website they all just sit there at loading. I noticed the other day I think but didn't pay any attention and just disconnected.

If I disconnect AirVPN all websites load again.

I am running OSX 10.9.3 with Viscosity as my VPN manager.

I am on a Virgin Media 30Mb connection and I am not sure if it is related to the other VM post going around.

Corey

Try connecting to the superhub in modem only mode, via a wired connection. The superhub 1 and superhub 2 are awful at routing and cause lots of problems with OpenVPN including speed reductions.

I changed my DNS on my Mac from Virgin Media's DNS to OpenDNS and now the VPN works fine.

It was just a idea that came to me as at my home it works perfectly.

Shouldn't the VPN connection be inheriting DNS from AirVPN anyway? You may want to check your config in Viscosity. I use tunnelblick on OS X so can't comment on the options available, but I know in the latter you can specify to use local DNS or inherit from the server (which is ideal).

Shouldn't the VPN connection be inheriting DNS from AirVPN anyway? You may want to check your config in Viscosity. I use tunnelblick on OS X so can't comment on the options available, but I know in the latter you can specify to use local DNS or inherit from the server (which is ideal).

I have set Viscosity to support DNS and apply it when I connect but I know the DNS servers inside the configurations are empty.

Do you know the DNS settings for AirVPN and are they the same for each server?

Thanks