Not connected, Your IP: 44.213.65.97
perhentian

Virus alert when trying to buy 3 month via Paypal

I was today trying to buy three more month from AirVPN, as usual I choose Paypal as payment method. But as soon as I have choosen "confirm" payment method; I get a VIRUS ALERT from Avast Antivirus and the payment process is Blocked.

At the moment I´m not sure if this is a false claim (so I should bypass the Antivirus program) or if indeed the site is contaminated?!?!

Any one got any info about this?

SEE ATTACHED FILE.

Hello!

No, do NOT bypass the antivirus. According to the screenshot it seems that your system is infected, not the PayPal web site. Do NOT proceed to enter your PayPal credentials until you have resolved the issue.

We would recommend that you do NOT run Internet Explorer in general.

Kind regards

Hi,

ohh, thats doesn´t sound good. Thanks for the heads up.

So how should I interpet the screenshot of the alert?, do I have an infectef fille in the "IE temporery internet file" folder?

Or how do you read it?

Thanks!

(using Firefox now)

BR

Hello!

No, do NOT bypass the antivirus. According to the screenshot it seems that your system is infected, not the PayPal web site. Do NOT proceed to enter your PayPal credentials until you have resolved the issue.

We would recommend that you do NOT run Internet Explorer in general.

Kind regards

Hi,

ohh, thats doesn´t sound good. Thanks for the heads up.

So how should I interpet the screenshot of the alert?, do I have an infectef fille in the "IE temporery internet file" folder?

Or how do you read it?

Thanks!

(using Firefox now)

BR

Or how do you read it?

Thanks!

(using Firefox now)

BR

Hello!

Yes, according to the antivirus. Remove it and perform a full system scan for malware.

Kind regards

Or how do you read it?

Thanks!

(using Firefox now)

BR

Hello!

Yes, according to the antivirus. Remove it and perform a full system scan for malware.

Kind regards

Thanks, will do

Posted ... (edited)

Download and execute:

- GMER Rootkit Detector (rootkit removal, in Processes, Modules and Services look out for red things, delete them and perform a scan)

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (perform a threat scan; may remove some annoying retro viruses (anti-antivirus malware))

- Kaspersky, F-Secure or BitDefender 30 day Internet Security Suite trial - I recommend Kaspersky since I've been using it for seven years and never had a single problem with malware since then (perform a full scan)

Edited ... by gigan3rd

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.