Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.131.213

Hello,

I would like to request additional server locations in the US.

Four geographic regions I'd like to have (more, perhaps 1-3) servers are:

• The northwestern region (such as Seattle WA; Spokane WA would be even better)
  • The southeastern region (such as Atlanta GA or Birmingham AL would be great)
  • The intermountain west region (Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO)
  • The southwest region (Austin TX, El Paso TX)

Thanks. Looking forward to this implementation.

Please update this thread when you have more details on this subject (such as launch date, location, number of servers).

Best regards,

anonym

Look out for possible datacenters in those regions.

But really: What makes you unhappy with the fact that
AirVPN has got eleven fast and stable servers in the US?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

gigan3rd,

I appreciate your input. Air has great servers; they're secure, fast, and reliable.

IMHO, connecting to a server that's geographically closer usually means a faster speed if it isn't overloaded (ie mirrors, DNS; please tell me if I'm wrong).

Also, there's no servers particularly close to the regions I mentioned.

There is one in Jacksonville FL, but none closer to GA or northern AL.

There's not a single server in Seattle WA, Vancouver, or the whole Pacific Northwest region (there is one in Fremont CA, but that's far from Seattle or the Inland Northwest region)

Also, there are no servers in the southern Midwest.

If there were more locations, a faster speed would be available in these areas.

Best regards,

anonym

Perform a speed test and tell us: How much of your original speed do you lose when connected to an US server? Paste the output under Share in our forum here.

By the way: Did you read Why don't you add many more server locations?

But really: What makes you unhappy with the fact that AirVPN has got eleven fast and stable servers in the US?

They are being blocked by USA websites. 

But really: What makes you unhappy with the fact that AirVPN has got eleven fast and stable servers in the US?

They are being blocked by USA websites. 

You open a new server in the US and it will be blocked in a month, too. It's not an argument.

For those who are newer to Air, they previously had servers in Portland Oregon and Denver Colorado, but Air discontinued service to these data centers for our sakes, because ultimately, they didn't meet Air's standards.

I'm not saying that a few more strategically placed servers in the U.S., such as the geo-locations you've mentioned, wouldn't be beneficial--they would. But, in this day of the U.S.A. Orwellian surveillance state, securing data centers that will meet Air's standards might not be as simple as it once was. After all, the U.S.A. is not the country it once was. And this is one of the reasons many have put their trust in AirVpn. And rightfully so.

Laurelli

<my rant>

Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.

</end rant>

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

I'm going to put my response for each of you separately, but within a single post.

gigan3rd,

I understand Air has to make decisions that respect our privacy. I know the datacenters must meet strict requirements. In fact, I read the article you linked to. I don't want a new datacenter that disrespects Air's standards. That's not what I'm asking for.

-Anonym

XQWeir!97,

Thanks for the info about the closed locations. I have no problem with closing locations to preserve privacy.

I agree privacy has gone down the drain in the US. I agree strongly with the pro-privacy, pro-freedom ideology expressed in your signature.

-Anonym

gigan3rd and XQWeir!97, your comments were well received. I hope I didn't offend either of you.

I picked the cities I mentioned because they have a large population and there would thus hopefully be a higher chance of finding a datacenter which meets Air's rigorous standards. Of course I chose Air for the privacy aspect and they have not let me down. Several other providers I examined while searching didn't have either the technical security features or the moral/ideological dedication to web privacy

I highly recommend Air because of its technical sophistication, great online community, and complete devotion to privacy and web freedom!

Sincerely,

anonym

There are a good number of servers in the U.S. and I have never seen any with a very high traffic load. They have they have servers on east coast, west coast, and the midwest. I don't think they need anymore. Just my opinion. 

Just one thing to keep in mind about the US: many of the states are larger than countries in Europe. The US is so sprawled out compared to Europe and unfortunately in many areas the bandwidth isn't great. The US is very underdeveloped compare to most of Europe when it comes to speed and bottlenecks.

Hello,

I would like to request additional server locations in the US.

Four geographic regions I'd like to have (more, perhaps 1-3) servers are:

• The northwestern region (such as Seattle WA; Spokane WA would be even better)
  • The southeastern region (such as Atlanta GA or Birmingham AL would be great)
  • The intermountain west region (Salt Lake City UT, Denver CO)
  • The southwest region (Austin TX, El Paso TX)

Thanks. Looking forward to this implementation.

Please update this thread when you have more details on this subject (such as launch date, location, number of servers).

Best regards,

anonym

Sorry for bumping an old post but I thought it would be better than making basically a duplicate suggestion. I also agree a Seattle server would be great. I know the servers are fast and high quality but I get pretty high ping.