Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.247.231
Sign in to follow this  
habanapop

Any Chance of Some Latin American Servers?

Hi all,  I love the service.  Just wondering if any servers in Latin america might be possible?  Anyone else who likes this idea, please chime in with support.  thanks.

I don't think that any location in Latin America will pass the requirements of AirVPNs team.

The bandwidth is very expensive and the peering is poor, I hardly found one datacenter that could provide one stable unmetered 100Mbit port.

The rule of the thumb is, the far more away you go from the U.S. to the south, the more expensive the cost will be and the less bandwidth you can expect to get.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

It is amazing how different it is around the world.  I just got notice (from my ISP) that everything is going to 60 meg as a starting point, and for once it comes without a price increase.  At least that is the contention!

Meeting the requirements of the AirVPN team is of course the critical thing. I don't know whether Latin American servers would help me (probably they would, if they met the requirements), but for sure I would welcome more Asian servers! I have been running the speed test on different servers, and I seem to get around 6-7 Mbits when on the Singapore servers, but drop to 1-2 Mbits when running any of the other ones!! People living in the Southern Hemisphere are disadvantaged from the point of view of where AirVPN servers are geographically situated.

As long as AirVPN requirements can be maintained on Latin American servers I think it would be great. More locations the better.