Not connected, Your IP: 54.224.90.25
Staff

Withdrawal announcement: Crucis

Hello!

We're very sorry to inform you that Crucis has been withdrawn and that we have no plans to open any new server in Italy at the moment. This unfortunate decision is due to the pressure correctly put on us by Italy competent authorities for minor investigations about a myriad of minor crimes perpetrated through the server.

The bureaucratic procedures behind every single crime, as small as it is, all together are impacting the credibility of our good faith in Italy. This is an unfortunate combination, because the server is in the same country where our legal offices are located, so even a presumed crime of a "1 EUR theft" needs to be addressed and followed. Our presence is needed in authorities offices with a consequence of an incredible time waste and the more crimes are committed, the higher the likelihood that some magistrate will try to to put on us the burden of primary or secondary liability, given the continuous flow of crimes which we are informed about and therefore considered to be aware of. We don't have the obligations of an Internet Service Provider, but at the same time we might not have anymore the same protection as a mere conduit.

In order to prevent any potential, bigger problem, we have therefore decided to put an end to VPN activity in any Italian server. RAI (Italy TV) will remain accessible from any other VPN server in the world and we can add additional services with our "micro-routing" feature.

In any case, we will grant a full refund to all of those customers who picked our services just to connect to an Italian server. If you wish to be refunded, just open a ticket, making sure to send it to the "Sales" department. Such tickets will be treated with the same priority assigned to technical support tickets (very high). We just ask you NOT to send such tickets to "Support", thank you in advance.

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

Sad to hear the closing of Crucis. I'm sure we would have all done the same. I also see Italy has pretty strict copyright laws.

Hello!

As a side note, we would like to underline that this has nothing to do with copyright. It's a bunch of sad, shabby frauds for a few bucks.

Kind regards

Sorry to hear that some people are using this service to trick others give them a few bucks ... It is a pitty because it affects all of us who just want to protect a bit our privacy, skip geolocation and download some copyrighted material.

Anyway hope they do not put in a lot of trouble because we appreciate what you are doing and you are by far the best on market!

Ciao, scrivo in italiano perchè facccio prima ed il mio ingelse è pessimo. Nell'ottica di gestire servizi streaming tipo RAI etc.. etc... potreste verificare l'usabilità anche dei portali mediaset premium, skygo ed infinity?

Grazie mille,

Fabio

...... RAI (Italy TV) will remain accessible from any other VPN server in the world and we can add additional services with our "micro-routing" feature.

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

Sorry, not sure I understand: do you mean Italy TV will be accessible from any other VPN server, other from AirVPN servers? Or is there a possibility to use one of the AirVPN servers, for instance a Dutch one to get to see Italian TV? Sorry if the question may be a bit silly.

...... RAI (Italy TV) will remain accessible from any other VPN server in the world and we can add additional services with our "micro-routing" feature.

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

Sorry, not sure I understand: do you mean Italy TV will be accessible from any other VPN server, other from AirVPN servers? Or is there a possibility to use one of the AirVPN servers, for instance a Dutch one to get to see Italian TV? Sorry if the question may be a bit silly.

Hello!

This is more than a year old feature of our service (although it has been in experimental stage for a very long time). You can access RAI from any VPN server in the world, provided that you query the VPN DNS (10.4.0.1) once connected.

Kind regards

That is unfortunate. However, I am sticking with AirVPN because no one provides a better service than the AirVPN team. 

What about the websites of the other Italian channels like www.video.mediaset.it, www.cielotv.it/cielolive.html and so on? Thank you for your answer! Michele

What about the websites of the other Italian channels like www.video.mediaset.it, www.cielotv.it/cielolive.html and so on? Thank you for your answer! Michele

Hello!

We have planned to work on mediaset. Please feel free to warn us about other services (such as the cited cielotv) you would like to have accessible from out of Italy servers.

Kind regards

I was very pleased by the quality of the service...i used the VPN (95% of the time) to stream from skygo (with my legit paid subscription) while i'll be living in Germany for some time. Is there any chance to use skygo?

Sorry to hear that some people are using this service to trick others give them a few bucks ... It is a pitty because it affects all of us who just want to protect a bit our privacy, skip geolocation and download some copyrighted material.

Anyway hope they do not put in a lot of trouble because we appreciate what you are doing and you are by far the best on market!

You shouldn't blame the people who commit "crimes", but the authorities who are putting restrictions on VPN services in that way.

I was very pleased by the quality of the service...i used the VPN (95% of the time) to stream from skygo (with my legit paid subscription) while i'll be living in Germany for some time. Is there any chance to use skygo?

Hello!

https://airvpn.org/topic/11458-sky-italia-it has been put in micro-routing. It should cover sky.it, sky-homepack.it, tiamomyskyhd.com, skygo.it and others. We can't test at this very moment because they require a subscription, feel free to try your SkyGo and report back.

Kind regards

Hello!

We have planned to work on mediaset. Please feel free to warn us about other services (such as the cited cielotv) you would like to have accessible from out of Italy servers.

Kind regards

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that http://www.video.mediaset.it has been put under micro-routing, it has been tested and it works. The micro-routing should cover also Mediaset Premium, Premium Play, Infinity and related sites (for example "Grande Fratello").

Kind regards

Hello!

https://airvpn.org/topic/11458-sky-italia-it has been put in micro-routing. It should cover sky.it, sky-homepack.it, tiamomyskyhd.com, skygo.it and others. We can't test at this very moment because they require a subscription, feel free to try your SkyGo and report back.

Kind regards

It seems to work, altough i'm not sure that the quality of the streaming is the same as before, can you explain if this "micro-routing" affects perfoncences in bandwidth?

My subscription is about to end and i'd like to prolong it, just... what if this micro-routing service doesn't satisfy me? would i always get a refound on the "italian server issue" basis?

Hello!

Kind regards

It seems to work, altough i'm not sure that the quality of the streaming is the same as before, can you explain if this "micro-routing" affects perfoncences in bandwidth?

My subscription is about to end and i'd like to prolong it, just... what if this micro-routing service doesn't satisfy me? would i always get a refound on the "italian server issue" basis?

Hello!

Yes, we assure a full refund on this basis of the remaining subscription period, in addition to (of course) the general right to refunds according to the Terms of Service.

Micro-routing CAN potentially affect performance because it adds a hop, but in general it should be faster (if you're not in Italy) than connecting to an Italian server, because the peering between different datacenters and the absence of bandwidth management policies in the datacenters is often better than your ISP italian datacenter peering. This is just a statistical consideration, though, and it's of course likely to be not valid if you are in Italy.

As a side note, we have noticed that some Italy TV streaming services appear to be slower on Saturday and Sunday (from Italy, without VPN, tested just from two ISPs). Difficult to determine an exact cause, maybe (just maybe) this is due to Italian general network infrastructure congestion during peak times (infrastructure in Italy has major problems if compared to infrastructure in many other EU countries).

EDIT: for streaming contents, make sure that you connect in UDP mode, so that all the other protocols will be wrapped in UDP. TCP is not good for that due to some technical reasons.

Kind regards

It seems that rai.tv ios app is not supported, or at least it doesn't streams live tv for me...

Shall I edit some settings on iOs or you're yet working on a solution?

Thank you for all the previous fast answers

It seems that rai.tv ios app is not supported, or at least it doesn't streams live tv for me...

Thank you for all the previous fast answers :D

Hello!

The solution can't come from our side. RAI works from our servers so it must be something in iOS. We'll try to investigate. What do you run to stream RAI? Is it a program which might communicate your location to RAI servers?

Kind regards

Thank you for all the previous fast answers

Hello!

The solution can't come from our side. RAI works from our servers so it must be something in iOS. We'll try to investigate. What do you run to stream RAI? Is it a program which might communicate your location to RAI servers?

Kind regards

I use the official Rai.tv app from the AppStore, and the same happens opening the website rai.tv with Safari (iOs) it says: "L'operazione non è stata completata".

Though it doesn't open the RaiWorld website, as it should do if the routing wouldn't be working...so it firstly recognizes that the website has been opened from Italy but the stream doesn't start.

Hello!

This is more than a year old feature of our service (although it has been in experimental stage for a very long time). You can access RAI from any VPN server in the world, provided that you query the VPN DNS (10.4.0.1) once connected.

Kind regards

Can you please better explain what "query the VPN DNS (10.4.0.1) once connected" mean?

Rai not working for me anymore once I switched to a different server than Crucis. The other websites seem fine instead (cielotv, mediaset).

Cheers