Not connected, Your IP: 54.81.157.133
Staff

Three simultaneous connections per account allowed

I would very much welcome the option of having 4-5 simultaneously connected devices, as I typically have more than three Internet-connected devices running at any one time. A handy way to get more than three devices online at a fixed location is to configure one's router to use AirVPN. It takes some time and effort, but it's well worth it.

If there was a small price increase option (or even better, free) option for 5 connections I would definitely use that on more GNU/Linux systems.

I am secretly rms in disguise

gentoo to you too

I got an Raspbarry Pi 2 in my home network with Squid and OpenVPN running on it. This way you only need one VPN-connection for all your home devices which use the Pi as a proxy server. Maybe this will help someone.

I got an Raspbarry Pi 2 in my home network with Squid and OpenVPN running on it. This way you only need one VPN-connection for all your home devices which use the Pi as a proxy server. Maybe this will help someone.

Does it handle 100 MBit lines?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Does it handle 100 MBit lines?

Only got a 20 Mbit line at home but my Pi can handle at least that. Maybe this will help you out: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/2vnxb7/

Raspbarry Pi 3 just came out with a much higher CPU performance so your chances to get maybe 40-50 MBit/s aren't that bad.

Yep, it did:

You still have the same bottleneck as usual: shared USB and LAN interface. Don't expect 100Mbps!

Raspbarry Pi 3 just came out

Really? Thanks for the info.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You could also check out Banana Pi and other solutions that have more performance than a Pi but it will cost you more.

Dear sirs,

In the statement you write, that each connection must go thru a different server. Now my question is, if I set my device to use NL server (not a single server like Canis)...Does this also count as the same server? And if not will AirVPN then make sure not the same server is being used with different connections??

Dear sirs,

In the statement you write, that each connection must go thru a different server. Now my question is, if I set my device to use NL server (not a single server like Canis)...Does this also count as the same server? And if not will AirVPN then make sure not the same server is being used with different connections??

It's possible that your devices get connected to the same server.  Air does not prevent that from happening when using Nation configs.  If, however, you use different server ports for the different devices that should keep them from knocking eachother off the VPN if they do happen to connect to the same server.

Even 3 is more than enough. Don't forget that Air provides you a minimum speed guarantee and real time graphs.

Some people are pushing terabits thru them and you can see that in the status page.

I'm sure people with pFsene and 5 devices can afford a few Euros a month

Hi Just saw, this and you are right.

What's about this: You offer the Option to to extend the Paralel use to 5 Connections from the same source IP, for all 5 connections for free.

And for let's say 4€/month additionally, we get 2 extra connections from different source IP's.

I mean, I'm even with 20 Connections there is a limit on what I can push trough my line. Wich I am already doing with 2 Connections btw.

Another Option would be to limit the connections for everyone with very highspeed connections ? (Don't aks me what "very highspeed" means )

Again no offend ! I fully understand that there is a good reason why there is a Limit.

You're View ?

Even 3 is more than enough. Don't forget that Air provides you a minimum speed guarantee and real time graphs.

Some people are pushing terabits thru them and you can see that in the status page.

I'm sure people with pFsene and 5 devices can afford a few Euros a month

Hi Just saw, this and you are right.

What's about this: You offer the Option to to extend the Paralel use to 5 Connections from the same source IP, for all 5 connections for free.

And for let's say 4€/month additionally, we get 2 extra connections from different source IP's.

I mean, I'm even with 20 Connections there is a limit on what I can push trough my line. Wich I am already doing with 2 Connections btw.

Another Option would be to limit the connections for everyone with very highspeed connections ? (Don't aks me what "very highspeed" means )

Again no offend ! I fully understand that there is a good reason why there is a Limit.

You're View ?

Hello!

Just for reference, you can check the New User guide in my signature, for additional links on why there (likely) won't be more connections available - even for purchase.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.