Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.145.110
Staff

Major system upgrade COMPLETED

Hi,

I'm having problems with this upgrade, however I am also a non techie person so it's probaly easy to resolve.

I deleted all of my previos connections as I am a MAC user with OS X 10.9.2 operating system , which I think is Maverick even though when I bought the laptop it was Lion or something other ferocious animal...

So I've gone to to get the key and certs from the download page. 

Then I selected all of the servers in continents and countries and planet earth.

Then I selected all of the single servers and then selected UDP.

I downloaded all of the opvn in a zip file. I opened te zip file and moved on of the .opvn files to the empty tunnelblick folder. I changed the extension from .opvn to .tblk. I changed the name of the folder to a name I wanted and added the extension .tblk

Then I get an error saying that the file is empty.. 

Can someone please help and explain in laymans terms what it is that I need to do...

Thank You!!

First of all many of thanks! Superb service and I really appreciate your transparent policy!

Secondly, did you install somekind of internet killswitch?

Hello....

I've downloaded the new configuration file and putted it in /etc/openvpn as I did with the old configuration. I've changed the configuration file.ovpn in ...ovpn.conf but now I'm unable to connect via airvpn...

waiting for your gentile answer....

thank you...

Hello Hello,

Thanks for all the work!

I have an issue with my tomato based router, even after putting the new keys in, it wont connect.

I've attached screenshots to this post.

- I can connect via tunnelblick with the same config via laptop just fine

- I switched off and on compression (it was ON before the update)

I had this in my extras BEFORE the update:

resolv-retry infinite

ns-cert-type server

comp-lzo

verb 3

(and changed it now but its still not working)

Thanks a lot for the help!

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-04-13 at 11.42.56 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-04-13 at 11.42.50 PM.png

@supervga, did you find the solution to your router issue?

first off, "comp-lzo" should be "no" as "comp-lzo no"

Next, I found the answer to my router connection problem here: https://airvpn.org/topic/11347-asus-n66u-router-wont-connect-with-new-air-update/

I hope this helps. Kind regards,

Laurelli

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

Does this only apply to router configurations or am I missing something?  I had to enable this in Ubuntu to get a working connection as I was geting MTU mismatch errors and was unable to connect or even ping beyond the local machine.  This despite the config file seeming to indicate that it should be disabled as it contained "comp-lzo no".  Ahh well, enabling LZO Compression has allowed my connection to work so I shan't worry about it too much.

@supervga, did you find the solution to your router issue?

Next, I found the answer to my router connection problem here: https://airvpn.org/topic/11347-asus-n66u-router-wont-connect-with-new-air-update/

I hope this helps. Kind regards,

Laurelli

Yes! This did it!

Thanks so much for your help!

I dont know how I could have overlooked the new key stuff but I did.

Thanks again!

You guys are simply miles ahead of your competitors when it comes to customer service, transparent communications and a solid privacy policy.

Thanks AirVPN for reassuring us customer who have trusted in you; that you still care for our privacy and you are passionate about the business that you do.

"OpenVPN with non-vulnerable OpenSSL"

If we're connecting directly using OpenVPN, do we need to get the latest version of this to take advantage of 'non-vulnerability'?

I tried a continent config for Europe, and found it was completely failing due to a DNS issue:

$ nslookup europe.airvpn.org.
;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find europe.airvpn.org: REFUSED

After the upgrade I can't get SSL tunnel to work on Ubuntu 12.04. It works when using a direct connection on UDP port 443.

stunnel gives these errors:

Apr 14 17:49:54 server stunnel: LOG3[17796:140277646411520]: SSL_connect: Peer suddenly disconnected
Apr 14 17:49:54 server stunnel: LOG5[17796:140277646411520]: Connection reset: 0 bytes sent to SSL, 0 bytes sent to socket

I have of course downloaded the new configuration files.

After the upgrade I can't get SSL tunnel to work on Ubuntu 12.04. It works when using a direct connection on UDP port 443.

stunnel gives these errors:

Apr 14 17:49:54 server stunnel: LOG3[17796:140277646411520]: SSL_connect: Peer suddenly disconnected
Apr 14 17:49:54 server stunnel: LOG5[17796:140277646411520]: Connection reset: 0 bytes sent to SSL, 0 bytes sent to socket

I have of course downloaded the new configuration files.

Hello!

After the upgrade a bug was in the SSL server. We apologize for the inconvenience. It has been fixed, can you please try again now?

Kind regards

I tried a continent config for Europe, and found it was completely failing due to a DNS issue:

$ nslookup europe.airvpn.org.
;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find europe.airvpn.org: REFUSED

Hello!

Which DNS server did you query? We do not detect any problem at all with all major public DNS, and our authoritative DNS servers are working properly.

Kind regards

Under Debian Testing I cannot connect to the servers.

Log:

NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Starting VPN service 'openvpn'...
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' started (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn), PID 4766
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' appeared; activating connections
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state changed: starting (3)
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN connection 'AirVPN_Europe_UDP-443' (Connect) reply received.
NetworkManager[2890]    <warn> VPN plugin failed: 1
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state changed: stopped (6)
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state change reason: 0
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Policy set 'ZZZ' (wlan0) as default for IPv4 routing and DNS.
NetworkManager[2890]    <error> [1397506660.413948] [nm-system.c:1266] nm_system_replace_default_ip6_route(): (wlan0): failed to set IPv6 default route: -7
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Policy set 'ZZZ' (wlan0) as default for IPv6 routing and DNS.
NetworkManager[2890]    <warn> error disconnecting VPN: Could not process the request because no VPN connection was active.
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' disappeared

I don't know what is the problem. When I was deleting the old vpn connections (in the KDE n-m frontend) network-manager crashed and I had to restart the system. Also, there is a new network-manager widget for KDE which is not stable yet.

When I try connecting with uTorrent now, while connected with the OpenVPN GUI, I get error messages on ALL of my torrents that read: "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network".  Please help.  This upgrade may be more secure, but it's wrecking havoc on my ability to connect like I did before the upgrade.

Glad to here security and privacy have been improved,

Not exactly up to speed on all the terms etc. I basically just log in and start using the internet. Is there anything else I should be doing? I've downloaded the windows zip file again and re-installed everything. I assume this means I have the latest software and settings?

Glad to here security and privacy have been improved,

Not exactly up to speed on all the terms etc. I basically just log in and start using the internet. Is there anything else I should be doing? I've downloaded the windows zip file again and re-installed everything. I assume this means I have the latest software and settings?

Hello!

Nothing more is required in your case, enjoy AirVPN!

Kind regards

Under Debian Testing I cannot connect to the servers.

Log:

NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Starting VPN service 'openvpn'...
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' started (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn), PID 4766
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' appeared; activating connections
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state changed: starting (3)
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN connection 'AirVPN_Europe_UDP-443' (Connect) reply received.
NetworkManager[2890]    <warn> VPN plugin failed: 1
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state changed: stopped (6)
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN plugin state change reason: 0
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Policy set 'ZZZ' (wlan0) as default for IPv4 routing and DNS.
NetworkManager[2890]    <error> [1397506660.413948] [nm-system.c:1266] nm_system_replace_default_ip6_route(): (wlan0): failed to set IPv6 default route: -7
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> Policy set 'ZZZ' (wlan0) as default for IPv6 routing and DNS.
NetworkManager[2890]    <warn> error disconnecting VPN: Could not process the request because no VPN connection was active.
NetworkManager[2890]    <info> VPN service 'openvpn' disappeared

I don't know what is the problem. When I was deleting the old vpn connections (in the KDE n-m frontend) network-manager crashed and I had to restart the system. Also, there is a new network-manager widget for KDE which is not stable yet.

Hello!

Please connect via OpenVPN directly from a terminal (as root), copy OpenVPN output (or the logs), and send everything to "Support" department with a ticket. This is necessary because in your case the n-m logs are not providing sufficient information to understand the exact nature of the problem.

Kind regards

When I try connecting with uTorrent now, while connected with the OpenVPN GUI, I get error messages on ALL of my torrents that read: "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network".  Please help.  This upgrade may be more secure, but it's wrecking havoc on my ability to connect like I did before the upgrade.

This is the sort of message you get if you have firewalled uTorrent from using the real IP interface, and it is trying to use it. Do you have a firewall set up? Is there any background information that you have not mentioned? Have you been using one server for a long time and configured uTorrent to use a specific IP address? If so this may have changed. Is there any complication like these in your set up?

Do you have a firewall set up? Is there any background information that you have not mentioned? Have you been using one server for a long time and configured uTorrent to use a specific IP address? If so this may have changed. Is there any complication like these in your set up?

YES, this is exactly what I had been doing.  I had been mainly using one server (out of about 2 or 3 altogether), but I would always have uTorrent's net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip set to whichever AirVPN server I was connected to at the time.  But as I check, those IP addresses seem to be the same for the servers I used before.  Otherwise, yes... I also use a firewall (Comodo), should those firewall rules for uTorrent be changed in any way to accommodate this update? Do I need to reinstall uTorrent?

(somewhat in answer to my own previous question)

For those still using Windows (probably somewhat of a security hazard in itself!) and OpenVPN instead of the Airvpn client, then here's how to check for the correct version of OpenSSL that has been patched for the heartbleed vulnerability:

Go to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin (or eqivelant)

right-click on libeay32.dll and check what Details -> Product Version says.

Versions 1.0.1 to 1.0.1f will urgently need updating; version 1.0.1g (and above) will be the patched version.

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/heartbleed

Do you have a firewall set up? Is there any background information that you have not mentioned? Have you been using one server for a long time and configured uTorrent to use a specific IP address? If so this may have changed. Is there any complication like these in your set up?

YES, this is exactly what I had been doing.  I had been mainly using one server (out of about 2 or 3 altogether), but I would always have uTorrent's net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip set to whichever AirVPN server I was connected to at the time.  But as I check, those IP addresses seem to be the same for the servers I used before.  Otherwise, yes... I also use a firewall (Comodo), should those firewall rules for uTorrent be changed in any way to accommodate this update? Do I need to reinstall uTorrent?

I do not use Comodo. I just use the Windows firewall. So I cannot help with Comodo. Are there any rules in there that have the VPN IP address in them? You are sure the VPN IP address has not changed?

Have you tried using the VPN connection without the extra set up complications? What if you leave uTorrent out of it for now and just let the VPN be the default gateway? Can you connect then with a browser?

If not, then you need to look at the OpenVPN log for messages. If that does not help, since you have at this point removed the extra set up stuff, you could open a ticket and give staff your log. Or another member here may recognize a problem.

version 1.0.1g (and above) will be the patched version.

Hurray for me, this much I have right!  Thanks, this was helpful, and a relief.

I do not use Comodo. I just use the Windows firewall. So I cannot help with Comodo. Are there any rules in there that have the VPN IP address in them? You are sure the VPN IP address has not changed?

Have you tried using the VPN connection without the extra set up complications? What if you leave uTorrent out of it for now and just let the VPN be the default gateway? Can you connect then with a browser?

If not, then you need to look at the OpenVPN log for messages. If that does not help, since you have at this point removed the extra set up stuff, you could open a ticket and give staff your log. Or another member here may recognize a problem.

It's working wonderfully now (I can go back to singing the praises of AirVPN once again, like everybody else), but it sure doesn't care for the net.bind_ip or net.outgoing_ip business, lol.  I really liked the extra security with having uTorrent bound to the servers IP that way.  Any way of determining the NEW IP addresses for each of the servers? Or is it with new upgrade, that option is just no longer viable?  The configs used to reveal the IP addresses of their corresponding servers.