Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.88.247
Sign in to follow this  
kfsdjklfsdjkljklfsjkl

The fastest way to switch IPs under linux?

Now If I just disconnect and reconnect ot another server from the network manager it says i'm already connected and often have to wait few mins.

Even fi i disconnect myself from the button in the client area, often some waiting is needed before i'm allowed on another server because it still sees me as connected for soem time before it times out.

So how to effectively disconnect so i can reconnect to another server right away under linux?

Yeah, it sucks that Linux is so much more secure and private, yet Windows works better in this regard. I know Mullvad has a client for Linux, I wonder if Air will ever write one.

What is needed, is a way to send the SIGTERM to the server, on Linux. Just disconnecting still makes you wait about 5 minutes.

Yeah, it sucks that Linux is so much more secure and private, yet Windows works better in this regard. I know Mullvad has a client for Linux, I wonder if Air will ever write one.

What is needed, is a way to send the SIGTERM to the server, on Linux. Just disconnecting still makes you wait about 5 minutes.

Hello!

Yes, a client for Linux is under active development. We will have some news very soon.

The way to send an exit notification is the explicit-exit-notify directive (in UDP mode; in TCP it's not necessary). The only problem is not in Linux, it's in network-manager, which does not pass this directive to OpenVPN. Just run OpenVPN directly.

Of course, if the connection freezes (for a line drop, for example) there is no way to send a notification, regardless of the Operating System. We have some ideas about it too to circumvent the problem, we have currently an internal discussion about it. Anyway, the wait time should not exceed 2 minutes, it's strange that you can't connect for more than 2 minutes.

Kind regards

Sorry, maybe 5 minutes was an exageration, I never actually timed it. So the fastest way to switch servers on Linux, is to run OpenVPN from the command line - I assume -> openvpn exit       sends the correct sigterm?

Thanks staff.

Hopefully the new linux client will not "mess with" my ufw firewall settings.  Running linux and Air has been PERFECT for me.  I don't know why but my connection speeds are much faster on Linux.  At this exact time I am on a windows box, but it runs more slowly than Linux by a long shot.

Staff:  will the Linux client allow a user to pick from your list of servers like the windows client?  That is the only thing I miss about my linux setup.  I simply created two "country" vpn connections and Air picks the server from within the country based upon which I fire off.  Connects instantly every time and I never drop, although I have ufw protecting in case I ever do.

Hopefully the new linux client will not "mess with" my ufw firewall settings.  Running linux and Air has been PERFECT for me.  I don't know why but my connection speeds are much faster on Linux.  At this exact time I am on a windows box, but it runs more slowly than Linux by a long shot.

Hello!

It will not, and in any case we will never force to use our own client to connect to our service. The service will remain accessible from any compatible OpenVPN wrapper or from OpenVPN directly.

Staff:  will the Linux client allow a user to pick from your list of servers like the windows client?  That is the only thing I miss about my linux setup.  I simply created two "country" vpn connections and Air picks the server from within the country based upon which I fire off.  Connects instantly every time and I never drop, although I have ufw protecting in case I ever do.

Yes, it will!

Kind regards