Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.166.7
Sign in to follow this  
maxsanchez

Somebody attempted to get into my email account??

Hello everyone,

I just signed up for a trial period of 3 days using the Spain's VPN provided by AirVPN. I connected to the VPN using Tunnelblick, and 20 mins later I got a message on my phone from Google saying that someone was trying to access my email account from the same place where my new IP address was located??

I wonder if I am the first person to suffer this situation, or if any of you has been using the Spanish AirVPN server. Obviously, this forced me to change all my passwords everywhere, which is a very annoying thing to do. To be honest, I wouldn't try to connect through your VPN again unless you can explain what actually just happened.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I just signed up for a trial period of 3 days using the Spain's VPN provided by AirVPN. I connected to the VPN using Tunnelblick, and 20 mins later I got a message on my phone from Google saying that someone was trying to access my email account from the same place where my new IP address was located??

I wonder if I am the first person to suffer this situation, or if any of you has been using the Spanish AirVPN server. Obviously, this forced me to change all my passwords everywhere, which is a very annoying thing to do. To be honest, I wouldn't try to connect through your VPN again unless you can explain what actually just happened.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

if you mean that Google warned you because you accessed your GMail (or other) services via the AirVPN server in Spain, while you usually access it from somewhere else, that's perfectly normal: Google detected a change of the IP address it sees connections coming from and warned you.

Kind regards

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

I have been using VPNUK for the past 3 years, but never had a problem with that, hence my comment. What would you think is the difference between both VPNs?

Cheers

I can see your point. Yet my IP was also located there through my other VPN server, actually pretty close to the AirVPN server I think.

Thanks

I can see your point. Yet my IP was also located there through my other VPN server, actually pretty close to the AirVPN server I think.

Thanks

Hello,

we confirm you it's perfectly normal. When you had no warning, you were connected to a VPN server whose IP address matches that same country you live in according to Google database and IP geo-location. Every time, according to Google, you connect from a different country, you trigger the security system. It's a feature, not a problem, but anyway you can disable it.

Kind regards