Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.113.125
Sign in to follow this  
Tricky Mind

No open ports! Even with "Port Forwarding"

Hi there,

I want to open a specific port [ no matter which one it is ] as my ISP is blocking all of them!

But when I connect to AirVPN servers ( I already port forwarded from the client area as in the screenshot ).

But when using CanYouSeeMe.org it appears that no port is open.

But I used "http://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php" and it seems that port number 88 is open.

So, what's the deal? Will I be able to bypass the ISP block?

Hello!

Yes, we fully support remote port forwarding. You can't forward ports lower than 2048, but you can remap any port to any other local port. Port 88, as well as any other non-forwarded port or any other port lower than 2048, is closed to every client.

You can forward a maximum of 20 ports. When you perform the test, please make sure that the service behind the VPN server is running and listening to the correct port.

Kind regards

please make sure that the service behind the VPN server is running and listening to the correct port.

Sorry, but I couldn't understand this.

I'd run an application that requires ( for example let's say Port 3985 which I forwarded from the client area ), it has to be open first ..  then I can run the application.

please make sure that the service behind the VPN server is running and listening to the correct port.

Sorry, but I couldn't understand this.

I'd run an application that requires ( for example let's say Port 3985 which I forwarded from the client area ), it has to be open first ..  then I can run the application.

Hello!

It's exactly the opposite. :) "A port" is a task or process specific software construct (an abstract concept in some way) to designate the communication end-point of that task or process in the host system. This end-point allows the system to identify the correct task or process which the data are directed to. In TCP/IP for example a port is identified by two bytes in the header (that's why port numbers range can't exceed 65535).

If no task/process with a certain end-point is running, that end-point of course does not exist, and "the port" simply does not exist in your system. When you perform a test, if the service is not running your system will have no task/process to send the packet to and there will be no reply at all.

Kind regards