Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.43.88
Sign in to follow this  
balthazett

Vega Server - How much useful is it ???

Looking at the server stats time and again in your website and in the AirVPN client when we connect, Vega server always seems underutilized..as if no one is interested in using it and 'Sigma' always seems overloaded :dry:

We have seen some issues with Vega server few weeks back and the server getting Offline.

And Altair came to rescue and US based server Sigma was overloaded understandably. But Vega has been Online since past few days... but I wonder why its always so 'under utilized' ?

Last checked; Sigma was showing 30% in my client and Vega around 3% may be...

My take on this :

1) I have tried uTorrent - connection never establishes when 'Vega' is selected

2) Google Music shows - "Not available in your region" ( though its US based server )

I just gave two examples ... others might have a different reason .. but I prefer 'Sigma' because of these small ( but relevant issues to me ! ) as I feel there are no such restrictions and its pretty stable ..I am sure others have their reasons too for 'Sigma' preference.

I'm not sure if you guys have long term contract with 'Vega' folks.. if not ..may be you can reconsider another USA based provider ( and of course someone who is p2p friendly ! )

This should take the load away from Sigma server and provide us customers with more alternatives !!!

@balthazett

Hello!

Vega server has a 1 Gbit/s dedicated port, so a 30% usage of Sigma is the equivalent of just 3% usage of Vega.

The wrong geolocation of Vega is a Google mistake. Other USA services correctly see Vega IP as from the USA (Pandora, Hulu etc.).

We'll investigate on the issue you report about uTorrent connections and keep you posted as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Thanks for the clarification !!

Will await your response on uTorrent part .. it seems okay with all other servers.. its only when I am using Vega..it never connects and DLoad/ULoad fails

balthazett wrote:

Thanks for the clarification !!

Will await your response on uTorrent part .. it seems okay with all other servers.. its only when I am using Vega..it never connects and DLoad/ULoad fails :huh:

Hello!

Just tested uTorrent running in a Windows client connected to Vega. It works just fine. We tested DHT, connection to some public trackers, initial seeding, dl/ul. Results are satisfactory and consistent with those of any other server. Perhaps something in your configuration blocking Vega IP addresses in uTorrent?

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

@admin

First I wish to say Hello, and second;

If everything is "just fine" with the Vega server then, how do you explain the fact that only a hand full of users use the "fastest" server you offer, according to the "Server Status" page ?

I'm not complaining, the other servers are doing pretty good to say the least and overall I'm very impressed with this service, is just that I find this Vega situation odd... :dry:

ip133912 wrote:

@admin

First I wish to say Hello, and second;

If everything is "just fine" with the Vega server then, how do you explain the fact that only a hand full of users use the "fastest" server you offer, according to the "Server Status" page ?

I'm not complaining, the other servers are doing pretty good to say the least and overall I'm very impressed with this service, is just that I find this Vega situation odd... :dry:

Hello!

Thank you for your nice words.

Let's hear what you and the other premium members answer to your question. :) It is an important feedback for us.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Well, my experience with Vega was for download speeds disappointing, but I attributed the issues to the FAQ note on ISP "peering" or something like that.; however, after a while I noticed that I'm not the only one, from the "Server Status" page and this thread.

I also wish to add that is not just p2p speeds that are affected, but http's too.

I tried with TCP 443, UDP 443 and UDP 80 but the download speed sticks to 3-400 KiB/s on average (it's true that sometimes the numbers increase but for short periods).

The servers that I tested with are supposedly fast: TED's and several Trisquel and Ubuntu mirrors.

I also should note that I haven't tried Vega for a couple of days, but the status remains the same > a hand full of users and low bandwidth.

I'm curious If that's the reason other users have choose the other servers

To be honest in my case, general website surfing has been a non-issue in terms of speed while using 'Vega' server.

But as highlighted earlier, since torrenting ( using different clients ) does not work for me, I tend to use Sigma. But as Admin here have clarified that its more of a issue at my end ( the torrenting part ); hence I need to investigate and fix that from my end !