Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.74.73
PJtheFey

Hulu Blocking USA Servers

http://www.unblock-us.com/

Note that this is not VPN, as you need to login to activate your IP on their DNS servers.

@dd79 thank you very much!

If the suggestion to resolve this issue is to use an additional paid service then that is not a viable solution for me. If unblock-us can continue to bypass Hulu's geolocation restrictions then why can't AirVPN? I don't know about other members but I don't want to be (and can't afford to be) paying for an additional proxy service just so I can watch Hulu. When this has happened periodically in the past it has always been resolved quickly. It seems like this time there is no desire to fix the issue which is disappointing to say the least. "Not in the near future" isn't very encouraging. Please let us know what is the plan and timeline to resolve the issue? This must be affecting tonnes of AirVPN users right now.

@dd79 thank you very much!

If the suggestion to resolve this issue is to use an additional paid service then that is not a viable solution for me. If unblock-us can continue to bypass Hulu's geolocation restrictions then why can't AirVPN? I don't know about other members but I don't want to be (and can't afford to be) paying for an additional proxy service just so I can watch Hulu. When this has happened periodically in the past it has always been resolved quickly. It seems like this time there is no desire to fix the issue which is disappointing to say the least. "Not in the near future" isn't very encouraging. Please let us know what is the plan and timeline to resolve the issue? This must be affecting tonnes of AirVPN users right now.

Hello,

unblock-us uses a server whose IP address is still not blocked by Hulu. It might get blocked tomorrow, in a hour, or in 10 years, who knows. Our service uses micro-routing as an experimental feature, we are focused on VPN services aimed to privacy, anonymity and data protection, while unblock is exclusively concentrated on DNS and reverse-proxy services to bypass geo-restrictions (so such a service can't work if the IP check is implemented also at streaming level: your real IP address is visible and the stream is sent to it - unless you're connected to a VPN). You just can not compare such services. Our service is more complete in the sense that it can include services such as unblock-us and preserve privacy and anonymity at the same time, but in any case it needs an IP address that's not blocked by Hulu and at the moment we do not have such IP address.

As soon as and if we have a solution we will be able to publish an ETA for such solution implementation.

Kind regards

while unblock is exclusively concentrated on DNS and reverse-proxy services to bypass geo-restrictions (so such a service can't work if the IP check is implemented also at streaming level: your real IP address is visible and the stream is sent to it - unless you're connected to a VPN).

This is the reason why Unblock does not work with

www.tv3play.se and .dk

?

Is there an easy way to tell if there is an IP check on the stream level or not?

Hello,

we think we will not be able to restore Hulu access in the near future, we're sorry.

Kind regards

Can you explain as to why is this? Other VPN providers are working fine with Hulu..

Which ones?

Kind regards

I run my own OpenVPN server, at my home in US, which I use when traveling, and Hulu is 100% working, in China and the Middle East. Hence I know this should be an easy fix.

Air can only get IPs from datacenters.

They can't get Comcast, or other ISPs that are intended for private households.

I run my own OpenVPN server, at my home in US, which I use when traveling, and Hulu is 100% working, in China and the Middle East. Hence I know this should be an easy fix.

Hello,

yes, if we had a house in the USA that would be a trivial solution, with a good residential line with high bandwidth. :)

Kind regards

The browser extension Hola is still working with Hulu.

https://hola.org/

Can be downloaded free for Chrome and Firefox.

Thank you so much to Artful Dodger for recommending Hola. It completely resolves the issue at no cost. Perfect solution!

The browser extension Hola is still working with Hulu.

https://hola.org/

Can be downloaded free for Chrome and Firefox.

Thank you so much to Artful Dodger for recommending Hola. It completely resolves the issue at no cost. Perfect solution!

Hola is okay but in some locations it is very very slow. 

Zenmate (also a Chrome plugin) works faster than hola. But it only has a couple of locations. USA, Germany and 2 or 3 others.

Dunno if it works with hulu but it worked with some other georestrictions I tried

http://www.reddit.com/r/AdviceAnimals/comments/2ckpiv/not_too_long_ago_reddit_taught_me_about_hola_just/

Be aware that Hola will use you as a exit node or as an intermediate node if you're not paying for premium. If somebody does something malicious and you're the exit node then you may be liable for it depending on your country of residence. If you're just an intermediate node in their P2P network then you'll have some of your upstream/downstream used up by Hola when it is running.

Is this true?

Hola is using the users IP addresses ?

i need a working us server which open hulu.can you state the name please

We don't have any, we're sorry.

Kind regards

Once asked, which VPN provider is working with Hulu, 100% confirm "StrongVPN" is working in Dubai with HULU.

I also got the Hulu message on Huffington Post showing a Hulu clip: "Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymouse proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the U.S. If you're in the U.S., youi'll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu."

This primarily means that Hulu and others have created a tracking list of all VPN IP addresses simply by signing up for the VPN.  And they will know if you are using one. The NSA, Hulu, Walmart, and others can track your web traffic through AirVPN.  And if you happen be on a website with malicious or deliberately planted code that can activate plug-ins like Adobe Flash to gather information about you including your real IP address, your anonymity is busted.  This should be easier to do than what the NSA did through TOR since a VPN has limited nodes. 

Although it would not be as nice for those who want to have a server online for weeks through AirVPN, it would sure be nice if AirVPN's IP addresses were dynamic rather than fixed to help solve this problem. Perhaps the address should change every day or more.

This is a sad state.

I also got the Hulu message on Huffington Post showing a Hulu clip: "Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymouse proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the U.S. If you're in the U.S., youi'll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu."

This primarily means that Hulu and others have created a tracking list of all VPN IP addresses simply by signing up for the VPN.  And they will know if you are using one. The NSA, Hulu, Walmart, and others can track your web traffic through AirVPN.  And if you happen be on a website with malicious or deliberately planted code that can activate plug-ins like Adobe Flash to gather information about you including your real IP address, your anonymity is busted.  This should be easier to do than what the NSA did through TOR since a VPN has limited nodes. 

Although it would not be as nice for those who want to have a server online for weeks through AirVPN, it would sure be nice if AirVPN's IP addresses were dynamic rather than fixed to help solve this problem. Perhaps the address should change every day or more.

This is a sad state.

I disagree on them signing up for AirVPN or any VPN provider.  Most likely they log IP addresses and when multiple accounts and streams are simulatenously using one single IP address, they can flag it as a VPN/proxy.  It's very simple.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AdviceAnimals/comments/2ckpiv/not_too_long_ago_reddit_taught_me_about_hola_just/

Be aware that Hola will use you as a exit node or as an intermediate node if you're not paying for premium. If somebody does something malicious and you're the exit node then you may be liable for it depending on your country of residence. If you're just an intermediate node in their P2P network then you'll have some of your upstream/downstream used up by Hola when it is running.

Is this true?

Hola is using the users IP addresses ?

Hola is a VPN service.  

My guess: the way they skirt blockage of VPN services is by using the FREE users of their network as nodes of their VPN Network. Each FREE user's IP address becomes an exit node for the network.  It is like BitTorrent - where the user agrees to become a node for the network.

The more FREE users, the more exit nodes.  With their FREE service being popular, Hola has over 35 MILLION exit nodes that change IP address frequently since users probably have dynamic IP addresses.  This makes it nearly impossible to block - particularly since blocking each node would block an individual user, not a company node.  

They speed up internet access by acting as a big BitTorrent-like network.

The NSA can completely track and collect every current VPN service traffic in the US simultaneously.  That is because there are so few exit nodes.  But Hola.org tracking is nearly impossible because there are MILLIONS of exit nodes. 

The Premium Users of Hola are not used as exit nodes. So they can maintain complete anonymity.  They pay $3.75 a month for a yearly subscription for the service.

Hola's mission: Hola gives you the freedom to bypass internet censorship and restrictions, whilst keeping you safe and secure online. We protect your privacy by hiding your IP address, allowing you to remain anonymous from prying eyes.  

This is a similar mission to AirVPN.

Perhaps AirVPN can consider something like this as an adjunct to its service since it nearly completely eliminates VPN blocking.  

This is a sad state.

I disagree on them signing up for AirVPN or any VPN provider.  Most likely they log IP addresses and when multiple accounts and streams are simulatenously using one single IP address, they can flag it as a VPN/proxy.  It's very simple.

There are very few VPN services.  Hulu has the money to sign up for all of them simultaneously to find out what their server IP addresses are.  It is relatively inexpensive and there is no need to monitor usage when doing so.