Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.227.36
PJtheFey

Hulu Blocking USA Servers

Hulu is verified working on Alkaid server (46.21.154.82, UDP), located in us.pngUnited States - Chicago, Illinois

Hulu not working on Andromedae server 3/7/2014 12:50 AM GMT 108.59.8.183 UDP 443

Hulu: "Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool....not currently available outside the U.S. If youre in the U.S., you'll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu. ..."

Confirmed still working on Alkaid server.

I live in California and was using the Heze server in central California.  Comedy Central clips were blocked by Hulu with the identical message in the above posts.   Now that I am using a European server I can view the same clips from Hulu with no problem.

Oh, by the way, following the link in the Hulu error message just took me down a rabbit hole.  Absolutely no way to way to send them a message (at least I didn't find one).

As of this morning (4/24 Korea time) Hulu is blocking the following servers which had all worked before:

Persei

Lesath

Cephei

Heze

Kuma

Alkaid

Electra

Andromedae

Pollux

Pavonis

Sirius

Arrakis

Librae

This is literally every USA and Canadian server...  When will this be fixed?  90% of the reason I pay for the service is to watch Hulu when I'm traveling.  

Lately, there also seem to be a lot more leaks and periods of time when airvpn.org can not be reached... I wonder if this is related. 

Someone mentioned that Euro servers worked for them...    So far all of the UK , Swiss, and German servers give me the same message about using a proxy tool. I've yet to find a server that works.   I've spent over 40 minutes now trying to find a server that works...  I give up. 

Not working from Keid (NL) either

After using Alkaid for quite a while, I now get the same warning about accessing through an anonymous proxy tool.  Started sometime after 11pm EDT on Apr 22.

Not sure if completing this form is a good idea or just going to get their attention to toast my account.

Yeah this is extremely inconvinient and annoying. I used to be able to just watch Hulu fine - then I had to swtich to a Canadian server and watch hulu - then switch back to watch my stuff on netflix - and now I can't do any of that. What's up? This looks like it is really becoming an issue that needs to be addressed. Thanks.

Yeah this is extremely inconvinient and annoying. I used to be able to just watch Hulu fine - then I had to swtich to a Canadian server and watch hulu - then switch back to watch my stuff on netflix - and now I can't do any of that. What's up? This looks like it is really becoming an issue that needs to be addressed. Thanks.

I reactivated my old account with another VPN service last night to watch Hulu....  unfortunately the other service's servers are slow as hell and I have to pause the video for 5 minutes just to start watching a TV show, but at least I can connect to Hulu with another provider....    

I would really prefer to use AirVPN because of the speed and simple interface,  but  if streaming content doesn't work, there's really no reason to maintain the account.  It is 90% of the reason I use a VPN. 

Hello!

Keeping a high level of privacy on the Internet is much more important than accessing Hulu services. In this way Hulu tends to compel USA citizens to access the service without the necessary protection provided by a VPN or similar service. Voluntarily or not, copyright reasons or not, this is equivalent to yet another attempt to lower the privacy levels in the USA. Spreading VPN usage is a threat to USA surveillance. Finding ways to discourage people to use VPN services helps privacy intruders.

About copyright, this is pure nonsense. It is just an impulse to file sharing and other methods which are able to provide with much higher video and audio quality, without ads and without the various technical problems of streaming solutions (which in several cases prevent a proper, fluid and happy content fruition) more than what Hulu provides.

Kind regards

While privacy is important, the reason I pay for VPNs is so that I can still have up-to-date American TV online while traveling or working in other countries.   Being entertained and able to relax in front of Jon Stewart, or the latest episode of Grimm after a long day at work is my #1 priority.   Only about 10-15% of my VPN use is related to my not wanting 3rd parties to know what I am up to on the internet.  

It's not a violation of copyright so much as it is that Hulu signs agreements with TV networks to focus advertising on people who actually have opportunities to buy their products.  For example, it doesn't make much sense to show a Mitsubishi advertisement in a country that doesn't have any Mitsubishi dealers.  Why Hulu so rigorously tries to enforce these geo-restrictions instead of turning a blind eye is beyond me.  I suspect a very small percentage of the people who use their service are using VPNs from overseas, and  of those who do, quite a few are Americans or Canadians who will be returning to their native country.... 

About copyright, this is pure nonsense. It is just an impulse to file sharing and other methods which are able to provide with much higher video and audio quality, without ads and without the various technical problems of streaming solutions (which in several cases prevent a proper, fluid and happy content fruition) more than what Hulu provides.

Is this to say that there's no plan to remedy this problem?   It seems as if your solution is just to go find a torrent instead of using a web site located in the USA...   If so, I should probably start talking to customer service or PayPal to get my subscription money back as I just started a new 3 month subscription and the service is no longer "circumventing georestrictions" as advertised... 

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that Hulu is working now from all the Air VPN servers. Fingers crossed.

Remember: you must use VPN DNS only in order to access Hulu, even from USA servers.

Kind regards

Staff ------ nice!!

I guess we are not supposed to ask "how".  LOL!!  For those of us that use multiple hops, is it the DNS from the exit node that you are talking about, or the "total tunnel"?