Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.166.7
JNavas

REQ: Add DNS option to Config Generator

I use OpenVPN GUI instead of AirVPN software because I use OpenVPN in other ways,

so I use the AirVPN Config Generator. The generated configuration files work well

except for the lack of DNS configuration. As a result, to use AirVPN DNS I have to add

the following line to each generated configuration:

dhcp-option DNS 10.4.0.1

Please enhance the Config Generator to do this automatically.

Ideally this would be a DNS choice of:

• AirVPN DNS (default)
  • User specified DNS (2)
  • No DNS setting

Thanks for listening.

Hello!

That's because we thought to leave that task to the server DNS push, that your client is free to accept or not (well, in Windows the DNS push is accepted by default, in Linux and *BSD it's not considered by default), but that's a good idea anyway, thank you.

Kind regards

In my situation I have to use an outdated version of OpenVPN and the AirVPN generated scripts break it (the explicit-exit-notify option).

I just made my own generator instead. As its just the entry IP and port that changes between the different configs, I took everything before the IP and placed it in a file called foo.txt, and everything after the IP and placed it in a file named bar.txt.

Then it's just drop down menus for the servers, a textbox for the port, and a php script to mash it altogether.

If you open a support ticket the staff can send you a spreadsheet to make it all fairly easier.

In my situation I have to use an outdated version of OpenVPN and the AirVPN generated scripts break it (the explicit-exit-notify option).

just made my own generator instead. As its just the entry IP and port that changes between the different configs, I took everything before the IP and placed it in a file called foo.txt, and everything after the IP and placed it in a file named bar.txt.hen it's just drop down menus for the servers, a textbox for the port, and a php script to mash it altogether.f you open a support ticket the staff can send you a spreadsheet to make it all fairly easier.

Thank you, but for me that would be a cure worse than the disease.