Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.113.125
Staff

New features and service improvements

Hello!

We are very glad to announce new features aimed to improve your experience with our service.

The web site menus have been rationalized for a quicker and easier access, while several web pages have been completely rewritten to improve clarity and effectiveness.

We have added a page which we feel particularly important: the mission page. In it, you will find a complete overview of our mission https://airvpn.org/mission to understand "why we do what we do". Thanks to the excellent and fast growth of AirVPN customers base, of which we are very proud, we have been able since some months ago to fulfill an additional task: "Support when possible a range of projects and NGOs whose aim is compatible with AirVPN mission statement".

In the same "Mission" page you will find projects, initiatives, NGOs that we gladly decided to support, as well as side projects that are managed directly by us. Whenever possible, we will continue such support and also expand it to other projects. In a separate article we will explain the reasons of our choices for each supported project. We have published a new forum https://airvpn.org/forum/32-no-profit where you can suggest a project that covers our mission.

Let's examine now the additional features of the web site and the service.

In the servers status page https://airvpn.org/status you can now see a list of the latest issues occurred on the service. The list of issues is displayed on the top. It can be very helpful to backtrack possible issues you experienced with the service or with specific servers. The list is updated automatically by our monitoring system.

A completely new page has been added, the "Checking routes". In this page you can instruct every and each VPN server to perform a routing check to any destination. The results will be displayed within 60 seconds and cached for 10 minutes. Output includes several, relevant data. You can use this tool for troubleshooting, routing evaluation, name resolution verification, HTTP answers (in case of web sites) blocks discovery, target latency time and more.

Last but not least, we have implemented a series of "backend" modifications which in some cases you can't directly see but you will benefit from. In particular, the handling of the clustered database has been improved, the queue tasks of the VPN servers have been optimized and the monitoring system has been remarkably powered up. An additional part of the monitoring system has been made public, allowing an organized and fancy view of several stats for every and each VPN server.

We are confident that the new stuff will be useful and appreciated. We will be very glad to receive comments and feedbacks about it!

Enjoy AirVPN!

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

You guys rock.  My speeds and connection reliability is awesome.  Thank you for making the client area of the website so informative.

You did a gorgeous job with the Status website, especially route checking, server details and latest issues. Thank you for this! <3 <3

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

yes thank you! Especially the server details part is useful!

@pxmjd

Hello,

be patient, we'll make an announcement soon. We are aware that Eddie development is terribly late with delay after delay since the announcement in April 2013, and we're working to fix the situation. In the meantime, please spend 10 seconds of your time to 'fix' the flawed DNS implementation in Windows (if you run Windows).

Kind regards

hi I just want to say great work been useig air now since Oct 13 and I have no complantes

Air is growing more an more. When I started here my membership there were about 10 servers and about 300 members... now there are about 50 servers and 2500 members! Incredible. The amount of available servers even exceeds the limit of the openvpn client on windows as only up to 50 servers can be shown... so I had to delete some servers to avoid the warning message when launching openvpn. So even the client is overwhelmed with that amount... AirVPN is growing faster than OpenVPN

I would rather have AirVPN take their time an release a great update then hurrying one through and having it full of bugs. Take your time AirVPN and make a good update. AirVPN is working just fine the way it is. If you want a killswitch then use "VPNcheck" I have been using it with AirVPN for 11 months now and has worked great for me! Give it a try till AirVPN comes out with their own builtin killswitch.