Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.1.156
Blag

"Double" Port forwarding on ISP router in dd-wrt setup

I understand why a router should not be "double" port forwarded when using AirVPN but I'm a bit confused as to how that applies to my ISP router in a dd-wrt setup and whether this router can be port forwarded the normal way without compromising security.

An example of why I want to do this is that I use torrent website that won't allow VPN connections. To separate these torrents from others I use two torrent clients that both need to be port forwarded. Torrent client A is used on for non-VPN connections and is blocked if the VPN is active and vice versa for torrent client B.

Is is safe to port forward the ISP router for torrent client A and leave it open as long as this is never allowed to work over the VPN?

I have a similar issue with Skype, although there's more potential for conflict. Can I port forward skype on different ports with AirVPN and in my ISP router as long as each is configured to work only with the appropriate connection?

I haven't seen any postings about this but I'd be grateful if someone can confirm.

Thanks

Is is safe to port forward the ISP router for torrent client A and leave it open as long as this is never allowed to work over the VPN?

"Safe". What do you mean by that?

I have a similar issue with Skype, although there's more potential for conflict. Can I port forward skype on different ports with AirVPN and in my ISP router as long as each is configured to work only with the appropriate connection?

I don't understand the thing with Skype. Why should Skype need forwarded ports to properly work?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.